South Park: The Stick of Truth

Monkey D. Lars

I don't care what the scenes are, it's a joke they're being censored. As a South Park fan,if you're offended by anything they do, you're doing it wrong.

I'm a big boy, I don't like being told what I can and can't play.

Wanting to be able to play whatever you want is fine, but telling me I'm "doing it wrong" because I don't want to play not one but two abortion mini games is idiotic

You dont even know them yet, maybe they are the most fun part of the game, maybe they only last 3 seconds, maybe the cercumstances are so scuril that you would not find it offensive at all.

What i complained about most was, anyway, that i have no reasonable way to get an uncensored version. We, after all, are talking about a show that has shit as Santa replacement, makes fun of child abuse, rapes indiana johnes, feeds the parents of a child to that child in dinner, even has men bouncing down the street on their cancer enlarged balls (haha, how fun cancer is in real life), kills children, makes fun of about every religion possible, has not only anal probes but also Satan fucking Sadam up the Ass, has animals rapeing humans, turns and ex cast member into a child rapeist (rape is just as much of a fun topic as is cancer or abortion in real life - but you never thought about that because it is more to you than "There is a videogame with rape in it!!!")... continue infinite. Shit like that is just South Park. And i am certain it will be fun.

So you think the abortion game could be the most fun part? I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say with the rest of this post. I would be just as unhappy with a rape minigame or most of those other scenarios.

If I were a more unscrupulous person, I could have walked out of Target with it yesterday afternoon. Few places breaking yon street date.

Gonna trade a few games into Gamestop, since their membership peeps get 40% bonus trade on anything going towards Stick. May talk myself out of it, though. The joys of being an adult. You can never have nice things because you never want to pay for the nice things.

Cannot decide whether to just get the normal version of this or the £75 collectors one on Amazon, just because I love the show.

Not really too bothered about the censorship, I mean I'd rather they just took it out all together rather than have a sudden screen acknowledging the censorship but if all I'm missing is a mini-game where you perform an abortion or whatever it is then... yeah, not so interested in doing that. Not at all in fact.

The argument that basically nothing is off-limits on South Park I don't think works here. Translating that to a game doesn't quite work the same way. If something that might seem uncomfortable or something in a TV show or film, you're just watching and taking it in and you're free to form your own thoughts and opinions about it. Translate that to a video game and it's making you an active participant in it. Wasn't there a bit of controversy about being forced to torture somebody in GTA?

There's a scene in GTA5 where you use various means of abuse/torture to get info from someone, which is then followed up by a conversation of whether or not it was worth it.

As far as the Grand Wizard edition, I almost got it strictly for the map, but I think I'll be able to nab that for far cheaper than $30 later.

Reviews have been pretty positive thus far. Can't wait to dig in after work.

There's a scene in GTA5 where you use various means of abuse/torture to get info from someone, which is then followed up by a conversation of whether or not it was worth it.

As far as the Grand Wizard edition, I almost got it strictly for the map, but I think I'll be able to nab that for far cheaper than $30 later.

Reviews have been pretty positive thus far. Can't wait to dig in after work.

This, that entire scene was completely unnecesary in the context of the story (The guy wanted to talk from the onset, yet they brutally torture him and afterwards they show little remorse about their actions). That doesn't get banned, but ''humorous'' anal probing in a 18+ game build around a (often 18+) cartoon that has built it's fame around stupid and crude humour is a step too far...

Something Something, Double Standards.

I mean we are talking about a show that has a character who at times has openly proliferated Nazism and rampant anti-semitism. A show that week by week spits ethnic/religious/whatever groups in the face and gets away with it because ''It's South Park"...

A game based around all that, one that is rated 18+ for a good reason... And we are talking about banning something ridiculously silly as a cartoon character getting an anal probe.

Edited by Jasonmufc