WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I played No Mercy, like, last week. While it's still a fine game, it is dated as fuck now. It's still fun with friends, but it's by no means a great representation of wrestling anymore. And I think some models look fucking fantastic. Wyatt and Triple H especially look incredible, but some dudes, their facial scans just kinda seemed... blurry and shit. I hope/assume that's just Youtube compression, though. And I'm still kinda worried about hair tech. I know that's weird, and like, really, most wrestlers have shitty Triple H hair, but, like, for example, Daniel Bryan's hair kinda looks like ass and Kane and Roman Reigns' hair seemed to clip sometimes. But it was weirdly satisfying/cool to see someone like Xavier Woods and Rusev. I dunno how I feel yet, because of the push. This is coming out the same day as both GTA V and FarCry 4. Spending like, $200 on games in a day is insane, and I don't know what game(s) to wait for yet.

A lot of my excitement for this is based around what 2K were able to do with next-gen NBA 2K14, and what they'll be doing with '15, facescan and whatnot. Beautiful visuals, of course, but lots more animations, Eco-Motion and smoother gameplay, overall. Hopefully they can do that with WWE and resurrect this pretty boring franchise. Cool to see Rusev and Woods in the trailer. I was expecting some kind of "Well, we enhanced the graphics, so there had to be some sacrifices..." sort of deal. I hope this is the year, or at least set up to the year, that everything goes right. Everyone from the roster in the game, including managers, more matches, more creation, + little details from the NBA 2K games. THQ had an excuse for so many things on the old consoles, I see no reason why this shouldn't be the absolute best WWE game in years, if not ever, on the new systems.

Tl;dr There shouldn't be anymore excuses for WWE games. We're going to have this powerful hardware for a looong time.

Edited by Tyrone

It's been years, and two generations of consoles later, yet they still can't make hair not look like the weird solid lump it was on the PS2? Hair and clothing look like shit in that trailer, and actually made me less excited than I was beforehand. Luke Harper looks no better than a CAW from last year, and Daniel Bryan, if anything, looked worse.

Also, yeah, what the fuck was that choice of music?

They wanted to recall one of the greatest moments in WWE history: Kid Rock performing that dumbass song to zero reaction at WrestleMania 25, which was also like ten years too late to do that song.

• Like 1

Entrances look great, but that seriously looked like a PS3/360 trailer once it got to the gameplay.

Gameplay looks slow as fuck, graphics are not nearly as impressive as early screenshots made it out to be, and it might be the absence of sound, but the moves still look like they lack any sort of impact.

Looks like the same old Smackdown.

I noticed during the trailer shown on Raw, they removed all of the Rusev clips. I guess showing him in the initial trailer was a goof as 2K have been tight-lipped about showing anything that hasn't been officially "announced".

Anyway after Raw 2K posted a ton of vids on YouTube with wrestlers answering Facebook/Twitter questions about the game. Included among them were Sami Zayn, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, and Paige. Though they weren't confirmed for the game, I doubt they'd have picked people not in the game to answer questions. All seemed like safe bets once NXT's inclusion was known anyway, but still cool.

Can't wait to read the complaints when Adam Rose's entrance isn't perfect.

Edited by Bad News Busch

I suppose they could have edited new stuff in but I tuned in briefly last night post-RAW thinking it was a new thing but it was just a re-run of the Summerslam panel. I don't recall it coming up then, certainly this wouldn't be seen as news now if they had. Not saying it's outside the realms of possibility, mind you, people have mentioned in the past how 2K have a history of putting their NBA series out on PC.

And going from the brief snippets of modded things I've seen for that (WELCOME TO THE SPACE JAM), the possibilities for it here are intriguing. Still though, what's with that horrible grey spine for the Xbox One box? Ewww.

EDIT: Wait, I think that's a uniform thing for the One. Not really looked at too many One boxes before. Doesn't really fit here IMO, probably due to how the cover has the white background and on the other boxes it matches up with their spines.