It never does, which I'm more than okay with as it gives me a chance to make fun of my best friend who is a die hard Leafs fan. I've never been a fan of Kessel to be honest. Not as bad as my inexplicable hate for Iginla though. I couldn't even stand him when he played for my team.

Lightning are due to unveil their new thirds tomorrow, they decided to prank players in advance of the event by showing them a horrible mock up and telling them it was legit.

http://t.co/lUdZRwBdKy

• Like 4

I know preseason doesn't mean a whole lot but my Pens are not looking good. Crosby and Malkin still sitting out due to undisclosed injuries although pretty sure Crosby's is still his wrist.

And Bennet got hurt at practice too. I think this season will end up going well, but I'm not expecting them to start off red hot like they usually do just because it's a whole new coaching staff and system. Just hope everyone is healthy come playoffs.

I was about to ask how Henrik Tallinder has looked and if he's worth signing for the leafs. Well, I guess that separated shoulder eliminates that. Booth is out for about 4-5 weeks.

Franson and Clarkson are both up in the air as well.... <_< Last night really got them apparently.

Does anyone have any good settings for fantasy leagues? Running a 10-16 team league for the 3rd year in a row and haven't found the right balance yet with head-to-head categories, sucks that most people lose interest in roto/points accumulated over the season.

Edited by Cole

For head to head, I usually run, Goals, Asist, (not points, because that's just dumb. It's a gimmie when you have won the first 2 categories), +/_, Penalty Minutes, Shots, Power play pints, GWG, Short handed points, Goalie Wins, Goalie shutouts, Save %, Goals against Average. It's basic, but people usually enjoy it more than keep track of everything statistical.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/517863964873863169

Edited by SeanDCouturier

I haven't kept up with much outside of the Flyers stuff this offseason, but I'm excited about what the team is going to look like once the defensive prospects start showing up. Morin was just sent back down to Juniors, but between him, Ghost, Hagg and Sanheim, it's looking like a deep group for the first time I can ever remember. Not much of a bearing on this season, since they most likely won't see time with the big club, but the future is bright.

All hail Ron Hextall.

And, he made a very un-Flyers like move by waiving noted goon Jay Rosehill today. *golf clap*

There goes my hope that Edmonton might actually do something decent this year.

you keep hiring guys from the 80s Oilers to run your team, your team will keep looking like the 80s Oilers with a shitload of forwards with no idea how to do anything but chase the puck and put it in the net.