Well, he is older now, mayhaps he has changed his ways.

Leafs sign another person I haven't heard of....Mike Santorelli. Apparently people in Vancouver loved him. Sean, what say you?

Also? It looks more and more likely that the Leafs are going to have a 4th line that can play this year. That may be the most exciting part of this off season.

santorelli had a career year last year before a shoulder injury sidelined him midseason. Sad to see him go but he is a bit enigmatic; hard to tell if he can duplicate what he had going.

Mike Santorelli is somebody I wanted Rangers to grab if they were losing players. I think he over achieved last year, but if he can replicate that 1.5 is an absolute steal.

Not much news lately, but apparently Evader Kane liked a tweet about him being traded to Philly, now he's getting ripped apart by TSN.

He's wanted out for a while, I'd be curious to see if Philly jumps with an offer or if the Jets just trade him away at this point. He can't be good for moral.

• Like 1

Jonathan Toews and Patrick the DEMON Kane have both signed 8 year, $84 million deals. I mostly am posting this for the word filter.

is it wrong that I did the same thing?

Meaning? This might end up being a great singing. Schneider has had excellent numbers the last 4 years, if he can do that playing as a starter this is a great. If he ends up not being able to handle the #1 role, it's pretty bad...

Schneider isn't exactly Bryz, dude chased the DEMON luongo out of town.

The DEMON Luongo chased him :P

I think 7x6 is too much for pretty much any goalie not named Rask or Lundqvist. I think 5.5 is probably the upper limit...sure it's only 500K a year difference but until the cap gets higher, that's like...95% of a 4th line player there, potentially.

• Like 1

When the DEMON the DEMON Kane and Toews are getting 10.5, the top 5 -10 goalie market is going to go up as well. Miller, Smith, Howard are already getting 6 million. Crawford, Ward, Lethonen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, are getting paid more than 6 million. Plus, it's only a 1.5 million raise from his previous contract to take the starting position. I hate long term deals, but this one could pan out if goalies are going to continue being overpaid above 6 million.

Edited by TGWL

When the DEMON Kane and Toews are getting 10.5, the top 5 -10 goalie market is going to go up as well. Miller, Smith, Howard are already getting 6 million. Crawford, Ward, Lethonen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, are getting paid more than 6 million. Plus, it's only a 1.5 million raise from his previous contract to take the starting position. I hate long term deals, but this one could pan out.

Varlamov's cap hit is 5.9 (a little high IMO but still)

When the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON Kane and Toews are getting 10.5, the top 5 -10 goalie market is going to go up as well. Miller, Smith, Howard are already getting 6 million. Crawford, Ward, Lethonen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, are getting paid more than 6 million. Plus, it's only a 1.5 million raise from his previous contract to take the starting position. I hate long term deals, but this one could pan out.

True, it's his salary I was looking at. We won't be seeing those deals again. Makes Quick's deal look fantastic.

Heatley singed with the Ducks. 1 year, 1 million.

Edited by TGWL

Varlamov was better than Quick

When the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON Kane and Toews are getting 10.5, the top 5 -10 goalie market is going to go up as well. Miller, Smith, Howard are already getting 6 million. Crawford, Ward, Lethonen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, are getting paid more than 6 million. Plus, it's only a 1.5 million raise from his previous contract to take the starting position. I hate long term deals, but this one could pan out.

True, it's his salary I was looking at. We won't be seeing those deals again. Makes Quick's deal look fantastic.

Awful troll. Really subpar.

Varlamov was better than Quick

When the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON the DEMON Kane and Toews are getting 10.5, the top 5 -10 goalie market is going to go up as well. Miller, Smith, Howard are already getting 6 million. Crawford, Ward, Lethonen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, are getting paid more than 6 million. Plus, it's only a 1.5 million raise from his previous contract to take the starting position. I hate long term deals, but this one could pan out.

Awful troll. Really subpar.

I'm referring to the way his contract is worked out.

The DEMON Luongo chased him :P

I think 7x6 is too much for pretty much any goalie not named Rask or Lundqvist. I think 5.5 is probably the upper limit...sure it's only 500K a year difference but until the cap gets higher, that's like...95% of a 4th line player there, potentially.

what is more valuable, a better, veteran forth liner, or the difference between cschneids and the DEMON Jeff Frazee?