I am very happy with Sabres pick at 2 with Sam Reinhart. I could barely watch a Sabres game last season because they were just so horrible. And when I did, it was because of Ryan Miller. Then he got shipped off to STL, and I just stopped watching or caring.

I told all my friends that the Sabres need someone who can do something with the puck and make plays. I think Reinhart fits that bill perfectly.

There's some pretty prime UFA's this year that will be quite a steal for any team that can sign them. I really hope Colorado is able to keep Stastny and O'Reilly but it's looking likely that one of them will be going somewhere else. I also don't want to see Niskanen go anywhere but with the Neal trade, it seems like anything is possible.

There's some pretty prime UFA's this year that will be quite a steal for any team that can sign them. I really hope Colorado is able to keep Stastny and O'Reilly but it's looking likely that one of them will be going somewhere else. I also don't want to see Niskanen go anywhere but with the Neal trade, it seems like anything is possible.

Niskanen is a goner, he's going to be making a killing going somewhere else. I would like to see Pittsburgh try to keep him, but not overpay him for one good year, considering he got pretty bad towards the end of the season and some of the playoffs. But I gotta think he's going to be making some serious money come Tuesday. 

Kulemin is rumored to be heading to Pittsburgh to play with Malkin, so there's that. 

I think Tampa could have unloaded Purcell without retaining any salary. Seems like a 6th is a bit low here, especially when they had to take Gagner, and then retain on him.

Christian Ehrhoff is bought out and it looks like Jovanovski is about to follow. I think Ehrhoff could be a steal of a pickup if somebody can get him on a shorter deal. Buffalo wasn't the place for him.

Tampa made Nate Thompson available, and apparently the Rangers couldn't make a push for him considering they're most likely losing Boyle. The draft and off-season has been a giant fail for the Rangers. Hopefully free agency looks brighter.

Edited by TGWL

I still think Ehrhoff is very good. His contract was ridiculous in Buffalo, they had to get out from it.

Rumour is that the Leafs are trying to land Josh Gorges from Montreal.

Gorges killed that deal, that's why we got Polak.

Although, I would fucking LOVE to get Ehrhoff. We would have a good #2 to play with Dion :D

I'm glad the Gorges deal fell through anyway. I don't trust this teams management to make any deal that will actually be beneficial for the team.

Heck, they are about the offer Dave Bolland 5 million per year for 5 years. We are fucked.