The Flash

TKz

Spoiler

It's not, because you've completely missed the point of what made Savitar, which was that he went down a dark path after the death of Iris and only focused on defeating Savitar, where his hatred created a really shitty time remnant, who was then abandoned by Team Flash after the battle with Savitar.

No dead Iris = No crazy time remnant Barry, only logical hero time remnant Barry who would sacrifice himself so that, you know, maybe Team Flash can be happy and Iris won't be abandoned by her true love for the millionth time. 

But I guess this absolutely bonehead idea of just sacrificing yourself into the absolutely stupid speed force prison just because, minutes after you've just a ring back on the love of your life's finger is better and is sure to create the same moody shitty Team Flash we had in season 3 is a better idea for you, then okay then. 

Spoiler

I think the general point about him going insane in the speed force has some merit, maybe not Savitar but could be creating a future problem by using a time remnant instead of himself.

That said, it's absolutely the right move to try and redeem Barry Allen. He needed to be held accountable for fucking with time yet again. The lesson isn't really learned if he has a remnant take the fall for him.

I just hope this leads to a less angsty show. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, livid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think the general point about him going insane in the speed force has some merit, maybe not Savitar but could be creating a future problem by using a time remnant instead of himself.

That said, it's absolutely the right move to try and redeem Barry Allen. He needed to be held accountable for fucking with time yet again. The lesson isn't really learned if he has a remnant take the fall for him.

I just hope this leads to a less angsty show. 

Spoiler

Also, I don't think the speed force will have accepted another "Fake Barry", the point of the whole season was that....The Speed force "Mom" came for Barry for a reason....

• Like 1

Spoiler

Another Time Remnant would have gotten a hand in his chest from a reconstituted Black Flash.

Spoiler

While he was in the speed force? Why did the stupid zombie flash not go after Savitar until after Iris was saved, then? He seemed fine with Savitar's existence the whole time he was on Earth and running around through out time being a god and whatnot. 

Spoiler

He only became an aberration when he failed to kill Iris, negating his own creation story. New Time Remnant Barry would get the Black Flash treatment as soon as the portal opened up because the Speed force don't take no shit and can't be tricked.

19 hours ago, Tkasto said:

I would recommend you guys to watch Emergency Awesome on Youtube. The guy explains everything for each week and all stories (plus ton of other videos involving The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and other comic book stuff). 

I agree, they are pretty good.

On 5/26/2017 at 17:08, Benjamin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

While he was in the speed force? Why did the stupid zombie flash not go after Savitar until after Iris was saved, then? He seemed fine with Savitar's existence the whole time he was on Earth and running around through out time being a god and whatnot. 

Because the Speed Force Prison had an occupant, Jay Garrick. Once Garrick got out the Speed Force sent the Black Flash after the most egrerious abuser... Savitar.

So... when all is said and done, why didn't Barry just... 

Spoiler

...say "fuck it" and travel to the past a few moments before past Barry created 'Flashpoint' and just explain how fucked up everything is if he goes ahead with it? 

Also, that finale was pretty lame. The cop out switch from Iris to HR was bollocks. Standard superhero show syndrome where you can't actually kill off a 'major' character. 

Spoiler

Saying fuck it and trying to get out of his fuck up by time traveling would mean that after this entire series Barry has learnt absolutely nothing. 

And aside from the fact that not saving Iris after a while season of trying to work out how to save Iris would be frustrating, The Flash really wouldn't be improved by Iris dying. I do agree there need to be more consequences on the show but that's not the one. Unless you want The Flash to be a miserable show I suppose. They should have made the HR sacrifice less obvious though. They didn't need to foreshadow it the episode before.

This wasn't the most fun series for the most part. It actually reminded me of the awful sixth series of Doctor Who with the mystery around Amie's pregnancy and so on. Ultimately the arc hangs over the week to week episodes far too heavily and very little that is happening now ever feels important and there's just a miserable sense of foreboding. Much like that series of Doctor Who it also felt like a boat load of things finally happened in the last episode which would have improved previous episodes if they'd have been spread out a bit more and possibly given them more impact than they had all crammed together.

Thinking about it I'm wondering how much this series of The Flash was actually inspired by that series of Doctor Who. There's a lot of parallels there in terms of structure.

Overall I don't think it's as good as the previous two series. There's moments and odd episodes which I still loved but it feels like they tried to grow up with this series and try something different and more serious in tone. I don't think it's something the show does well. 

There's things I really want from the next series but I'm not sure will be their focus. I'd like a more fun show. They've made a point in the past in contrasting The Flash and Arrow by pointing out that Barry had terrible things happen to him but didn't go down the same dark path. If (really when) Barry comes back I'm really hoping it's a lighter Barry. It also feels like he could do more saving people not in his circle. Having him go against more street level crime might make him seem overpowered but it'd actually feel fresher at this stage. No speedster enemy is an obvious one. A less heavy arc would improve the show, for me at least, tremendously. Let it start as a word or whatever and let the stakes of it grow, don't let it weigh down on the series so heavily for so long. The first series was criticised for feeling monster of the week (until the arc revealed itself rather brilliantly) but I think a return to that would be a wonderful breather at this stage. 

6 hours ago, DFF said:

So... when all is said and done, why didn't Barry just... 

Hide contents

...say "fuck it" and travel to the past a few moments before past Barry created 'Flashpoint' and just explain how fucked up everything is if he goes ahead with it? 

Also, that finale was pretty lame. The cop out switch from Iris to HR was bollocks. Standard superhero show syndrome where you can't actually kill off a 'major' character. 

• Like 2

I know that. It seemed like a cheap plot device to stop a cheap plot device from being the solution to a cheap plot device. :rolleyes:

As for next season, wasn't it already confirmed that the villain won't be a speedster? I'd agree this season, whilst not been bad, has dragged. I think they ought to take a leaf out of Agents of Shield's book, and maybe have three distinct mini-plots over the course of the season.

I must have missed them then because I've only picked up on who Arrow's villain is going to be.

Re: Flash Season 4 villain hint

Spoiler

Evil Barry mentions a character named DeVoe, which is thought to be a reference to The Thinker.

20 hours ago, DFF said:

Re: Flash Season 4 villain hint

Hide contents

Evil Barry mentions a character named DeVoe, which is thought to be a reference to The Thinker.

Spoiler

Abra Cadabra also mentioned him while listing Flash enemies, but I don't think they will gave the main villain away that easy, to me DeVoe will be an associate of the big bad or maybe the season will have two or more main villains.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I'm half expecting him to be the first of two big bads and the second to be a Speedster. Rightly or wrongly they clearly like The Flash to face a speedster and throwing out misdirections. 

I also wonder if the speed force storm will result in anybody struck by lightning developing powers.