The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I'd blame Gerrard for that too. He seems to be much less willing to accept the limitations his age has brought and adapt his game like Lampard has done. He becomes a passenger more often than as a result.

• Like 1

Steven Gerrard to LA Galaxy is reportedly a thing.

Indeed. Probably the best for all parties really.

This. I'll miss him but at times he is more of a hindrance. Henderson shouldn't be forced out to RWB just to fit Gerrard in. He'd be better if he was used as a Lampard type substitution but Brendan is never gonna do that.

Gerrard should absolutely be used like Lampard is and how Scholes and Giggs were used sparingly towards the end of their careers at Utd.

I can't imagine Gerrard playing for another team. I thought he'd be one of the last "one club men" like Carragher and Giggs, and probably Terry. If I were a Liverpool fan I'd still want him at the club even if he wasn't a regular starter anymore.

He'll probably be loaned back for the entirety of next season anyway.

Loooooooool MLS!

That would only work if Liverpool owned LA Galaxy. :shifty:

• Admin
Derby County have signed Stoke defender Ryan Shotton on a two-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee. Shotton, 26, originally signed for Steve McClaren's men on loan in August, but he has now completed a deal which keeps him at the iPro Stadium until the summer of 2017.

To be fair Nerf, Gerrard is much better off personally playing every week in a team competing for the MLS title than sitting on the bench at Liverpool.

He's probably my favourite player of the last 15 years but it does make sense for him to go, I'd just rather see him retire a Liverpool player.

He should totally go to Vancouver. :pervert:

I don't think Gerrard is the kinda guy who'll ever fully accept his limitations. Not while he's Liverpool captain anyway. Steven Gerrard on a bad day is one of the most frustrating things in the world.

To be fair Nerf, Gerrard is much better off personally playing every week in a team competing for the MLS title than sitting on the bench at Liverpool.

He's probably my favourite player of the last 15 years but it does make sense for him to go, I'd just rather see him retire a Liverpool player.

That's the thing, though, he's not better off. He's literally choosing quantity over quality. He would rather run himself into the ground than go out gracefully. It's just a move that makes far less sense than it should. This isn't how his career was supposed to end, and I'm gutted that my favourite player of all time is somewhat tarnishing his legacy for the sake of notching a couple more minutes.