The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Apparently Liverpool want to re-sign Gerrard on loan from the MLS

This doesn't even make sense :P

He's not officially signed for anyone and is still a Liverpool player until the end of the season.

I'd imagine it'd be January of next year for 2 months, like Landon Donovan used to do with Everton or when Keane joined his boyhood club Aston Villa.

Even Werthers weren't original in Lukes day.

I heard he cut the ribbon at the opening of Stonehenge

Well, the League Cup became the Milk Cup when I was a year old. I can add that to my list of "I feel like a pensioner" events, such as being alive for the Falklands War and Charles and Diana's wedding.

In fact....wow, you could be 17 years old now and still have been born AFTER Lady Diana died. I remember that event well - heard it on the radio in the morning and went into my parents bedroom to tell them. TV and radio were totally rubbish for like a fortnight afterwards.

• Like 1

Well, the League Cup became the Milk Cup when I was a year old. I can add that to my list of "I feel like a pensioner" events, such as being alive for the Falklands War and Charles and Diana's wedding.

In fact....wow, you could be 17 years old now and still have been born AFTER Lady Diana died. I remember that event well - heard it on the radio in the morning and went into my parents bedroom to tell them. TV and radio were totally rubbish for like a fortnight afterwards.

They called off Newcastle v Liverpool!

Pretty certain one of our early TVs was black and white. I remember being in awe of the first ever video player I saw (top loading the tapes, brilliant). When I was born Channel 4 wasn't around so we only had three channels (although it launched when I was nearly 2 so it made no difference to me). Channels always finished for the night so you got the test card or ceefax or whatever until TV started again the next day.

I'm glad I'm not any older though because, to be honest, my childhood came as the UK was pulling out of utter misery (at least down South) and I wasn't quite around for the Winter of Discontent a couple of years before.

They called off Newcastle v Liverpool!

That was when Newcastle were pretty good too!

I'm old :(

• Like 1

Next year there will be kids leaving high school that never saw the 20th century
  • Like 1