Bloodborne

Maxx

I keep finding different areas to go into, but each one seems to lead to the werewolf-like beasts guarding the bridge. I've figured out that molotov's are the best way to try and take them out, but I can't seem to kill them and get by... then each time I find a new area, I either end up getting killed and learning how to get through it (only to get to the wolves), or I wind up somewhere that I should probably be leveled up for and get my ass handed to me a half dozen times before I figure out that I can't do it without leveling up.

I keep finding different areas to go into, but each one seems to lead to the werewolf-like beasts guarding the bridge. I've figured out that molotov's are the best way to try and take them out, but I can't seem to kill them and get by... then each time I find a new area, I either end up getting killed and learning how to get through it (only to get to the wolves), or I wind up somewhere that I should probably be leveled up for and get my ass handed to me a half dozen times before I figure out that I can't do it without leveling up.

You need to find the house (I can't remember how) to the left of where the Werewolves are - the Werewolves can't get in it, and you can kill them whilst they try.

I think that's after you get by them the first time. What I did was go the route that goes past the big guy pounding on the door so you end up meeting the wolves right off a staircase. I could throw two of them and then retreat to the stairs and go from there. The first two cocktails will almost kill one and then the other is trapped trying to maneuver on the stairs.

Run past the wolves if you are coming from that direction. Stick to the left. There will be a guy at the top of the stairs, run past him down some stairs and into a building. A guy will attack and there's another guy on that same level, but the werewolves cannot follow you through there. Once you get rid of them, continue forward and you'll at least see the first boss and be able to level up.

Or hell, you can just run all the way forward and get there too probably.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 1.04 is live.

System
  • When players use a password, they will be matched regardless of level difference.
  • As long as the other player uses the same password, members of enemy covenants can also play co-op.
  • The Insight Shop will now appear when players have more than 1 Insight.
  • Blood Stone Chunks can now be acquired by trading Insight.
    • *Players must advance the story to a certain point before Blood Stone Chunks become available.
  • The maximum number of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets which can be stored has been increased from 99 to 600.
Game Balance
  • Enemy strength in several New Game + areas has been adjusted.
  • Enemy resistance to arcane and bolt attacks have been adjusted.
  • Beasthood is now easier to increase. This allows players to have stronger attack for a longer period.
  • The Beast Blood Pellet changed so that Beasthood will increase when used.
  • A bug that occurred while using Rifle Spear as a rifle has been fixed.
  • In particular, its damage when Blood Gems have been affixed has been fixed.
  • The use of Stamina when wielding the Kirkhammer has been reduced.
  • The use of Stamina when wielding Logarius’ Wheel has been reduced.
  • The duration of the effect when the Old Hunger’s Bone is being used has been extended. Fewer Quicksilver Bullets will be consumed.
  • Increased stat scaling for the Tiny Tonitrus. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
  • Increased stat scaling for Augur of Ebrietas. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
  • Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by A Call Beyond has been reduced.
  • Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by the Choir Bell has been reduced.
Chalice Dungeons
  • Players can now acquire a Short Ritual Root Chalice by trading Insight. The Chalice will become available after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon. Players can now use the Short Ritual Root Chalice’s quick matching feature in the early part of the game.
  • Random drops added to the reward given by bosses in Chalice Dungeon Materials to upgrade weapons, including Blood Gemstone, will be dropped randomly. Materials that can be obtained will change depending on the depth of the dungeon.
    • Depth 1: Blood Stone Shards
    • Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shards
    • Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shards, Blood Stone Chunks
    • Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunks
    • Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunks, Blood Rocks
  • The Rank of Blood Gemstones appearing in Depth 1-3 Chalice Dungeons has been boosted.
  • More Blood Echoes will be obtained when enemies in Chalice Dungeons are hunted.
  • The guest player’s HP will drop to 50% instead of 65% in a Cursed Chalice Dungeon.
  • When using a Short Ritual Root Chalice for co-op play, the guest player will always start from the Lamp room of each floor.
  • Special weapons that have been obtained in a Chalice Dungeon, such as Uncanny or Lost will become available for purchase chase from the Bath Messengers.
  • Upon obtaining a special weapon such as an Uncanny or Lost weapon in a Chalice Dungeon, it will become available for purchase at the Bath Messengers.
Other Adjustments and Changes
  • Brightness of the screen when Blood Echoes are acquired has been adjusted.
  • A bug that disconnected players from online mode during standby mode has been fixed.
  • During Multiplayer, there was an issue of enemies not displaying properly when they move quickly, on the guest’s screen. This bug has been fixed.
  • Other adjustments and bug fixes.

Welp, think it's time for NG++.

Where is a good place/route to get blood echoes? I'm not looking to farm them for levelling up, just could do with a good route between two lamps to allow me to get echoes to re-resource myself with blood vials. Just at Amygdala (sp?) if that helps.

It took me a month of sporadic gaming to finally beat the cleric beast, but it's probably the best I've felt playing a video game aside from finishing something. Beating The Last of Us and Wolfenstein was rewarding as hell, but those were full games. Beating the first boss in Bloodborne has felt like something I've been working on for far too long, and the feeling of accomplishment is huge considering that it's just a tiny portion of the bloody game.

I'd focus on only one of the Shadows at a time too - and use the rock in the middle to get them stuck or block line of sight.

You should do it one by one as they move through their three phases based on how much damage in total is done to them.. so if you only do a bit to each of them it's possible to have to fight all three in their final crazy snake forms.

I still haven't gotten past the part with the 2 dogs on the bridge near the beginning of the game. So much dying.

Have you defeated The Cleric Beast (first boss) yet? Because don't even try killing those two until you have.

Finally beat the hunter guy who was at the top of the tower shooting down. It really is just extra amazing after struggling for so long with him.

I climbed up there and talked to him. Then I aggro'd him and he did a backstep right off the tower.

I still haven't gotten past the part with the 2 dogs on the bridge near the beginning of the game. So much dying.

Have you defeated The Cleric Beast (first boss) yet? Because don't even try killing those two until you have.

Is that the thing banging on the door?

Is that the thing banging on the door?

Here's what you'll want to do:

In Old Yarnham, go through the gate, kill the bad guys, get to the bonfire, kill the bad guys. From there, you'll go to the other side of the door where the troll is banging on it. First, kill the birds off to the side, and then go kill the troll. After that, there's a house with a light on that you would have seen when you first made it into that area. To its left are some coffins that you can destroy. Break them and go down that way. Careful though, as there are hunting dogs, so you'll have to kill them. Even the ones in the cages, because if they get out, they can be a handful.

Go around the corner to your left, and you'll see a house. Go inside, there's a guy right in the shadows, so kill him. There's an old man in a chair, kill him too. Then go up the stairs inside the house (to the left of the door you entered). There will be two guys hidden in the darkness upstairs, so kill them too. After that, there's a door you can leave through, up some stairs where there will be another guy there. Kill him. To your right are the werewolves, to your left is another troll and some more of the birds. Go to your left.

Kill the birds and the troll, and then keep down that path. Traverse the Nightmare Fog and you'll come face to face with your first boss, The Cleric Beast. He is going to kill you. After this initial encounter, you'll be able to go back into the hunter's dream at any time to see the doll and level up. It's a bit of a grind from here, killing the same guys over and over until you've leveled up enough to allow yourself to kill the Cleric Beast, but now you have your objective and your means to complete it.

Edited by Gabriel