WWE 2K16

Must be something beyond their control from reading that, Sasha said ages ago that she got scanned by 2K and also in footage of the game Charlotte's shirt can be seen in the crowd. It's odd that the likes of Corbin, Owens and Balor are in the game when The Four Horsewomen have been around in NXT much longer. It's not a deal breaker for me but I did want to play as them.

Edited by FrostyPickle_3:16

Could be they or WWE decided early on there was only going to be a token amount of Divas in the game and went by who was on the main roster. They probably didn't expect the Divas to be in this much demand come release day.

Even that doesn't make much sense though since they've made the decision to include NXT and Sasha and Charlotte specifically have been the most prominent roster members in the last year outside of Balor,  Zayn, Neville and Owens.

I'm wondering if it's because the Divas don't wrestle properly so WWE don't want them featured. 2K might not be willing to just recycle the men's animations (or WWE might not want them to) since women look different when wrestling to the men (take more strides to clear the ring, timing is slower, moves generally look different). It's about the only reason I can see for one party not to want them in the game.

I'm wondering if it's because the Divas don't wrestle properly so WWE don't want them featured. 2K might not be willing to just recycle the men's animations (or WWE might not want them to) since women look different when wrestling to the men (take more strides to clear the ring, timing is slower, moves generally look different). It's about the only reason I can see for one party not to want them in the game.

And they only realized that now? Not in any of the 16 games that came before that? If that was the problem why wouldn't they just take the Divas out all together? Why be so specific as to only exclude the NXT Divas?

It's probably some licensing bullshit if they can't talk about it. That's the only thing that starts to make sense for me.

But what kind of problem would that be? I strongly assume that every WWE contract these days includes a clause that allows the WWE to use the likeness for merch such as video games. And if that's not the case the publisher deals with the wrestler's directly. At least I think that's what happened when they wanted to include the Ultimate Warrior in the game because I don't think he had a contract with the WWE yet when that game came out. I could be talking out of my ass though. So at least theoretically there shouldn't be a problem in that regard. So what else could it be? I'm honestly asking because I have no idea what else playes into the decision to include someone or not other than having the license and WWE's approval.

Edited by Hellraiser

Because people thought of the divas with the same reverence as WWE up until recently? Whereas now people actually give a shit and presumably would expect these female wrestlers to actually wrestle. Which in turn might not be as simple as just cloning the men's moves if they want it to look authentic (which might be why the women in the game were so terrible).

I mean WWE owns their rights, there should be no issue with it being DLC, so the only thing I can think of is that the current build of the game has some sort of limitation which is stopping WWE from giving it the tick.

Well at least they told everyone before they bought the game/got their hopes up.

And I will say that it's good news that they announced it for everyone. That shows they know that people care and clearly wanted/had plans to include them into the game. It is very very strange that they won't be in there. I'm wondering if some of the reason is that none of those four ladies are on Total Divas, but it still wouldn't make sense. The WWE has been pushing them and their storylines like crazy recently - so I can't think of why they wouldn't want them in the game unless like Quom said it was because the animations weren't up to par with what they considered for them which is kind of shitty but almost at the same time respectable for the WWE to want them to be viewed as positively as possible. I'm sure we won't know the reason why but this is one of the weirdest cut outs of a video game, let alone WWE that I can think of.

Edited by Krone

Random thought after watching the most recent trailer, but instead of having showcase modes that let you relive big moments from the past like they have for the last few games, I think it would be a hell of a lot cooler if they started to entertain some of the stories that likely won't ever actually happen. Like, give us a branching tale where Steve Austin returns to try and put down The Authority for good and let us decide who goes over in the end. Lets start playing with some of wrestling's great "What Ifs". Maybe have an NWO storyline that plays out with Sting as the third man. WWE 2k being their version of Elseworlds would rule.

• Like 6

I think 'Stone Cold returns and smashes the Authority' is why he's wrestling Seth Rollins and posing with the current WWE title in that trailer.

Neville's finish looks like shit. The animation looks like one of the past CAF. He comes down way too fast. That stunner on Rollins was off looking too.