WWE 2K16

Do you think it's possible that they didn't include the Four Horsewomen this year, so they could make it a big deal when they're in WWE 2K17? That could be a good selling point. I mean, they could just use that selling point and make extra dosh with adding them in as DLC but maybe they've already run out of ideas for 2K17 on what new things to include or something.

Edited by Owen

Do you think it's possible that they didn't include the Four Horsewomen this year, so they could make it a big deal when they're in WWE 2K17? That could be a good selling point. I mean, they could just use that selling point and make extra dosh with adding them in as DLC but maybe they've already run out of ideas for 2K17 on what new things to include or something.

I highly doubt that they would exclude something so large only because they want to use it later. There must have been some kind of legal or timing issue with using the NXT divas... especially since 2k released a public statement apologizing for their exclusion. You don't do that if it was a calculated move to keep them out.

As much as it sucks that they aren't there, there will be more updated versions of them put up in Community Creations anyways, and I imagine the only way to enjoy playing as the females in the game is through Exhibition or Universe... so you wouldn't need their photo-realistic likeness necessarily.

I would definitely like to know more about why they weren't able to be included in the game, but I am more than willing to give 2k the benefit of the doubt and not immediately jump to the assumption that they fucked us now to get more money out of us later.

Huh. I thought they got rid of those post-match interview segments with Renee Young.  Maybe that was just for Universe Mode that they removed it, though. It's a nice touch, though, either way.

Career Mode looks like a serious improvement from 2K15, though. It really does look like there's a lot more to offer.

Edited by Owen

I'm considering cancelling my pre-order. What little I've seen of the game play looks the same as last year, but slower, and given how bored I got of 2k15 I can imagine the same thing happening this time around.

Career looks a lot better though.

Datamining has revealed the rankings of a number of wrestlers (no one is under 80, wow, shocking, etc) and a lot of the matches that you'll play in the Stone Cold Showcase mode. The rankings aren't that interesting (John Cena is the best at 95, Lesnar second best at 94) but here is a list of matches for Showcase mode:

1) vs. Pillman – Clash of the Champions XXV
2) vs. Steamboat – Bash at the Beach ’94
3) vs. Whipwreck – November to Remember ’95
4) vs. Savio Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware of Dog
5) vs. Roberts – King of the Ring ’96
6) vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)
7) vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four
8) vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13 (likely reason for Shamrock’s inclusion)
9) vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House
10) vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV
11) vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
12) vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
13) vs. Rock – WrestleMania 15
14) vs. Rock – Backlash ’99
15) vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99
16) Royal Rumble 2001
17) vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
18) vs. Rock – WrestleMania X-SEVEN

• Like 2

Career mode does look really good, and I haven't played 2K but the match star ratings in the upper left hand corner is exactly what I was hoping they would add. I can only imagine how good the career mode will get over the course of the next few years as 2K always (as evident with NBA) seems to up the bar higher and higher.

So the achievements for Xbox 360 have been reveiled by xboxachievements.com. There are some interesting ones. One hints at the Austin Showcase going on beyond WrestleMania X7 up to WrestleMania XIX. Another one indicates that there will be bonus matches.

Edited by Hellraiser