WWE 2K16

This is absurd. Why waste time with Tugboat when we could have THE SHOCKMASTER!?! 

I do like the developments for this one and hope they're able to keep moving with it. I won't be buying this one, due to my bi/tri-annual sports game policy, but it's making a big step and the way they carried forward last years roster/DLC to this one if they do that again it'll be interesting to see what sort of angle they take with regards to the roster. This one is ridiculous they're not going to make it much bigger, are they?

• Like 1

Other than removing people that are no longer with them or they lose the ability to have in due to contracts and other such things - I can see it remaining the same and growing. The 2K strategy seems to be more about building up what is already there year in and year out and allowing that to be the selling focus instead of "this year you get to have ___, ___ and ___" which was apparent with the yearly excitement over "WHICH LEGENDS WILL BE IN THIS YEAR" when all of that stuff started with the THQ versions of everything.

That combined with the ability of modern consoles to allow more than previous generation in terms of space and storage - I'm really hoping that things keep moving ahead the way they are.

Ok, if I wasn't buying this before (and I was) this would have just sold it to me. The legends in that video is ridiculous and the fact we're getting Samoa Joe in a WWE game already is insane. He hasn't even been with the company a year, that would be unheard of with previous WWE games.

If they had the 4 hoursewomen and Alexa to round off BAMF this would be the absolute best roster ever. Well it's probably one of the best ever but it would have been beyond amazing to have them in. Maybe we could get Rhyno too but it probably won't happen as he's not on a contract.

It's impressive that they managed to fast-track Samoa Joe into a video game while it remains utterly implausible for them to have fit in Sasha Banks or Charlotte.

• Like 1

I would love to know what the deal is with Sasha and co. Considering she herself said she'd been scanned for the game, and I think 2K are presumably savvy enough to know that of the NXT roster those four in particular are some of the bigger stars of the NXT roster, so I can only assume it's some weird directive from WWE to not include them. I think one of the guys at 2K said they pushed to include Cody Rhodes as well as Stardust but WWE vetoed that one so all I can assume is it's been WWE's call to not include them.

Still, strange.

They said that they were scanning everyone since it takes minutes and they were only at a few events to do it, it would then takes months to add in all the other stuff from building the model, doing the moveset, doing the mo-cap for moves, taunts and enterances, then adding in the commentary. By scanning all they are getting is a layer texture.

But it doesn't really make sense to scan but subsequently leave out four members of the NXT roster who have been four of the biggest stars there for some time in a part of NXT that has been championed more than almost every other aspect of the brand. If anything, you'd expect Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Bayley to be some of the main priorities when deciding who from NXT they want to prioritize for inclusion. That's what makes me feel like it hasn't really been their decision, otherwise you'd have to believe that everybody at 2K who decides this stuff is absolutely tone deaf to the product if they're sat there thinking Blake, Murphy and Baron Corbin are more pressing issues to get included in the game.

I doubt it is a contract issue, because other NXT only wrestlers are included in the game. And why does it only apply to four wrestlers who all just coincidently happen to be female?

They probably either didn't prioritize putting the Divas into the game for whatever reason or they are holding off from including them so they can focus on them next year. I truly doubt not including them in will stop a whole lot of people from buying the game.

I have a little girl. Bayley is absolutely the difference between a release day purchase and a maybe if I see it on sale and I've got extra money that day purchase. I doubt it will make a huge difference in the bottom line. More than Baron Corbin would have though.

As for NXT men vs NXT women, I'm pretty confident the female developmental contract is different, and probably worse than the male developmental contract. People like the Shield have come up and been instantly important, so provisions have probably been put in place for merchandising/video games with the male NXT roster. But even when the Shield debuted, the idea of demand for the NXT womens division, or a recently debuted NXT call up probably seemed absurd to the higher ups. 

• Like 3