WWE 2K16

I'd like to think it's because wrestling isn't a sport where the gameplay will always be the same and they can tweak small features every year to enhance the "realism". WWE game fans often fight on whether the game should be realistic or arcade-y because it rides the fine line of being a sport but not really.

The developers of Madden for example don't have to make super realistic looking players cause they wear helmets, everyone wears the same coloured jersey and the game really hasn't changed. Wrestling fans every year want all the attires, all the new moves, all the new characters, new gameplay modes and taking already existing modes and making those better while making everything more fluid. Plus I'm pretty sure this game runs on a lower budget for production.

• Like 1

Annoyed I have to wait until Friday for this. :/

Well, okay, more annoyed that I have to spend the majority of the time between now and then at work and not, say, attempting to blitz the other game I'm playing (Assassins Creed Unity) in record time before WWE 2K16 arrives...

I swear to god that WWE games are poured over with a fine tooth comb more than almost any other series of game that I have ever come across.

You've never been on the Football Manager forums the week after release...

• Like 6

I swear to god that WWE games are poured over with a fine tooth comb more than almost any other series of game that I have ever come across.

You've never been on the Football Manager forums the week after release...

I'd almost expect that out of a stat heavy game - I know from experience, there are people still wanting The Rock's charisma raised by 0.3 after more than a decade here.

• Like 2

I think it goes both ways. At times when people complain about WWE games, I would go along with it and say it's justified. Other times, it's being picky for picky sake.

Like, I don't see the point in complaining about commentary. It's shit in real life. Expecting it to be good in a game is a stretch, especially as most if not all other games have repetitive commentary. There's obviously an issue when certain moves and wrestlers are being called when they aren't even in the match though. 

One recent complaint I do agree with is the lack of title matches on Raw/SD etc. in Universe. I get that there's a work around but you shouldn't need one. If it's so focused on the user having a WWE Universe the way they want it, why can't you have the odd title match on Raw. We get them IRL after all. If they did try including it and ran into problems, that's too bad, but it's something that'd irritate me if I was picking it up and wanting to play the mode.

I can't wait to get into this after work, gah. I'm really excited for the reversal system.

I just watched a video too where The Rock was doing his entrance, he was on the turnbuckle raising his arm and the person playing Neville hit the button to get control and attacked him while he was still facing the crowd. And it wasn't even like, a cutscene.. he had full control. That's awesome.

The in-progress video portion for IGN is up if anyone is interested. It looks so smooth.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/10/27/wwe-2k16-review-impressions

• Like 1

They've used Flair's 92 theme in past games as well. I'm curious why the licensing issues seem to vary year by year. 

Licensing cant be that big an issue since they also have the best version of Taker's Rollin' as well as Glass Shatters by Disturbed. It could have been worse, do they have the DVD dub of Dusty Rhodes theme in there.

For those interested here is what the pre-order DLC with its enterences and signature/finishing moves

And here are all the new/reanimated moves added this year

Just got the game. Playing as Enzo vs. Finn at WrestleMania. It's pretty awesome that there's no cut scenes between the intro and either guy's entrance. It just flows. 

Lillian was talking for ever with no sound and then the actual introduction was really choppy. "The following contest...... .... .... ... is a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match... ... ... ... for the... NXT.. .... .... ... Championship!" Really weird.