WWE 2K16

There isn't an embargo at this point, places are working on their reviews but I've noticed a recent trend of taking time with stuff like that. Polygon's provisional review policy amongst them.

That makes sense, but surely they'd have had review copies relatively far in advance?

I've heard that there were little to no review copies given out.

My game is preparing for dispatch! Maybe it'll come tomorrow? It says 'Arriving Friday' but fuck it, it'll come tomorrow I'm sure. :shifty: That'd be nice.

Edited by Owen

There isn't an embargo at this point, places are working on their reviews but I've noticed a recent trend of taking time with stuff like that. Polygon's provisional review policy amongst them.

That makes sense, but surely they'd have had review copies relatively far in advance?

My game is preparing for dispatch! Maybe it'll come tomorrow? It says 'Arriving Friday' but fuck it, it'll come tomorrow I'm sure. :shifty: That'd be nice.

Who did you preorder from? I've gone with ShopTo but had no e-mails yet.

Amazon. I've always pre-ordered from ShopTo otherwise, but I had an Amazon gift card so it was difficult to say no to the discount.

ShopTo are pretty damn consistent, if you haven't used them before. You won't get it any later than Friday. Odds are you'll get an email about the dispatch in a few hours.

Amazon. I've always pre-ordered from ShopTo otherwise, but I had an Amazon gift card so it was difficult to say no to the discount.

ShopTo are pretty damn consistent, if you haven't used them before. You won't get it any later than Friday. Odds are you'll get an email about the dispatch in a few hours.

I use them all the time, I just remembered my payment option was a card I had cancelled as someone tried to take unauthorised payments <_<. So just linked it with my PayPal account there.

Absolutely adoring the game so far. Although I have been thinking of turning off fatigue has it only seems to affect me - the computer doesn't seem to have a hard time with it but maybe I need to change the way I'm playing just a bit. This is the first year I think that I am going to get into Universe as well.

I only got into it a little bit, but I'll give you my experiences so far.

You start out by creating your person - the load times on changing stuff is excellent now. I mean that - it's like ten times better than it ever was before. If you want to preview something it goes over to the left and onto a 'dummy' of sorts. You can see what the item looks like and when you move your cursor the next item is almost instantaneous. It was a smart compromise to use a featureless model and it makes everything fast. The 'make your name for announcing' stuff is pretty good too - it's not syllables anymore so it sounds more natural when Lillian calls it out. That's going to be pick and choose based on the combo of course, but most that I tried before settling on mine seemed fine.

You then pretty much move right into a training match with Enzo - it just shows you the old/new meters and stuff. Nothing big there.

From there you are allowed to edit your character and join a hunt for a title. At first of course you are forced into the NXT title but that only makes sense anyways. At any point once you get past that thought, you can choose between the IC, US, Tag and World titles and hunt those down - going through rankings and storylines to get to them. Pretty awesome. The game is also tracking stuff to get you into the HOF as well. I went ahead and gave myself a preset move list, did my entrance and moved straight in to my first match against Tyler Breeze. It was at the Performance Center (where Albert DIDN'T yell at me the whole time) and that won me a shot at going onto an NXT show - that is where I'm going to pick up.

Love it so far.

On that subject, does your partner protect you when you make a pin? That was a real pain on previous games, I'd often have to switch to the partner on the apron to get involved which became a nightmare

That's what I meant. I was playing as Cesaro/Kidd and when I went for the pin, Ceasro was sprinting towards Jey Uso before he even got into the ring. He tackled him and I got the three count.

This makes me very, very happy. Tag team matches are going to be so much more enjoyable now

So! I love this so far!  I finally got into MyCareer and I'm currently ranked 1 in the NXT Title rankings. Just ambushed Kevin Owens, the current champion. The only thing that bothers me are the interviews with Renee but it's small compared to the rest. MyCareer so far is a huge improvement. Everything just flows nicely. 

Not had an email myself yet, and I got mine from Amazon. I probably won't get it tomorrow.

I just got my email at about quarter past. Yours been shipped yet? I think it can still arrive tomorrow if dispatched by now, I think. I hope.