WWE 2K16

I vacated the title myself because the title just wasn't defended otherwise.

It was weird how he won it, though. It was an NXT event and there was a match for the NXT Womens Championship between Alexa Bliss (the champ) and Eva Marie, and Alexa Bliss retained. Straight after that, there was another match for the same title between Balor and Breeze. I simmed it before I realised my colossal fuck up. Maybe the game would have froze if I tried to watch it, though.

The ground grapple penalty kick was taken out, lame :/

Wish there was a straight up Tajiri kick as an alternative to the D-Bry combo.

Career mode is decent so far though. You still have to buy the ability to go to the top rope unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

The ground grapple penalty kick was taken out, lame :/

Wish there was a straight up Tajiri kick as an alternative to the D-Bry combo.

Career mode is decent so far though. You still have to buy the ability to go to the top rope unfortunately.

Do you then learn how to fall off a 20ft ladder?

• Like 4

Actually, you have to learn to dive off a ladder separately. 

Oh, and I reeeeealy dislike the new announcer name function for created wrestlers. You can't have the super wacky call names anymore. They even took out just initials.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

3 hours ago, Lars Elric said:

How is career mode so far?

It's honestly the most fun I've had playing a wrestling game ever. I'm still not a fan of the new submission system, but I am having so many matches that are just so much fun to play that even if I lose them, I'm not pissed. The interview bits get annoying, but they allow you to sway the direction of your story... which is awesome. I'm now into this awesome feud with Kalisto, where my masked middleweight is playing the bully to the smaller Kalisto, and it's been great. We trade wins, but the matches are always fun.

• Like 1

God I  HATE this new submission system.  Took me like 20 tries to get past the tutorial with Enzo

The submission system is weird, but I don't think its that bad. I haven't made anyone tap out yet (I haven't tried) but I've only been unable to escape one time. Moving the stick from side to side rather than trying to move it around the circle seems to be the biggest difference maker. 

I love this game though, I've mostly just been playing exhibition matches because the gameplay is so damn fun. Did a Last Man Standing between Wyatt and Undertaker and it went just short of half an hour, it was brilliant. 

Universe has been refined and even though its not really different, its just easier. Spent much less time on the usual "take ages to set up everyone on edit a wrestler" because of smoother loading and stuff. The rivalry recap after each show is really nice, makes it feel like the game knows what its doing for once :P

Wanna dive into mycareer but I was hoping that App would be out so I could easily stick my face on a bloke. Kinda wanna try it though so might just make someone.

Do they strip the music out when you capture footage of this game? That's a few videos I've seen now where it's just silence during entrances.

And by that I mean using the onboard methods on the PS4/One rather than capture cards/devices or what have you.

No it doesn't, but streamers turn it off as YouTube has an automatic copyright algorithm which flags up the video as copyright, so everyone turns off entrance themes. 

Although on that note, I uploaded a Terminator vs Terminator match, with the entrance (Terminator theme song included)  and it wasn't flagged as copyright

I think this is the first WWE game I've played since 2009? 'Tis good fun, although my suckiness requires me to play on Easy in order not to infuriate myself. :shifty:

Have been mostly playing MyCareer, where I'm just coming up to my first NXT title shot against Kevin Owens. Am currently a little bit stuck at Wrestlemania 13 in the Austin Showcase (HATE SUBMISSIONS, HATE THEM), but I'll get past it eventually...

Edit: DQ victory, FUCK YOU OWENS :angry: 

Edited by stokeriño

It still baffles me that they don't know the terms of their own lawsuit. They have to blank out the F in WWF (and I think even that is allowed now) but they never had to blank out the Federation in World Wrestling Federation, yet they still do for some reason.