WWE 2K16

In Career mode, an opening bout on Superstars of all things was Sting vs Triple H.

https://youtu.be/c05fnTnE4hk

This was my first Universe mode title match and it was nuts. This is 25 minutes in, Rollins had kicked out of two F-5s, escaped the Kimura and also survived an F-5 through the announce table. Multiple weapon shots too. Of course I'd taken equal punishment but I'm playing as BROCK LESNAR so its fine. Following this video, Seth did the OMG suicide dive on me. He hit me with a Pedigree and I kicked out, I pummelled with a chair a load more before reversing another Pedigree and hitting one final F-5 for the win. 

I got very good at kicking out with the bar being ridiculous small during this match, but it was on the edge of your seat awesome! 

Edit: Can't figure out how to embed the video in the post, anyone?

My first Universe match was Kane vs Daniel Bryan, he reversed the Busiaku Knee three times! Restated and finally beat him, it was ridiculous how he just kept getting out of it. Wish they'd give you the one off the last game where all you had to do was sprint and hit triangle to hit them rather than go to the corner as the ones with long set ups always seem to be easily reversed by the CPU.

I'm loving MyCareer, it's really challenging, highest ranking I've had in the NXT Title scene so far is 4th, I went into a feud with Enzo after Tyler, beat him easily three times then it came to the PPV and he got a flukey win. Now moved on to a feud with Corbin and I've picked up Paige as a manager, first match with her at ringside I beat Itami with a run of the mill clothesline, he grabbed the ropes but the ref didn't see it.

Edited by FrostyPickle_3:16

Best promo moment:

Best part is his overall rating IS 75.

• Like 2

Matches feel like the most competitive they've been in a long time. Love the reversal system.

Just finished the opening Breeze feud in MyCareer, ended up losing to him at the NXT PPV, we had better matches in the build up to it, I messed up on kicking out of a pin on his first finisher. Decided after that to start turning heel, ran in on the main event during Finn's entrance, tried to take him out but he recovered and beat the shit out of me. Heel promo after to try to slowly turn myself heel. Went on to lose to Finn on the following Superstars show (he's bloody hard!) and then decided it'd be fun to just start taking out all of the top faces on NXT to turn myself heel.

Took out Itami next during his entrance. Went on to beat him on the following Superstars. Took out Sami Zayn later in the night during his entrance too and now got myself into a full blown feud with him. Was planning on being a face the entire time but the loss to Breeze felt like a good time to snap and turn heel. Quite enjoyable so far, taking a bloody age to build up enough to buy the ability to go to the top rope though :lol:

The animation to reversing the Beauty Shot is glorious.

What difficulty is everyone playing on? I knocked it up to hard from the start, as I usually find WWE games fairly easy on the default settings. Played 2 exhibition matches so far, losing a really good one as Jerichi against Kevin Owens and beating Seth Rollins pretty easily with The Rock.

Creation mode seems ridiculous. Spent like an hour creating my career guy and I didn't even go into the face/body morphing stuff.

I read somewere that the submission system is suposed to be much easier when you do not rotate the stick but just flick it were it is suposed to go.

Still have not won a single gameplay element in my carrere... even if i run in with my Signatur ready i get countered and layed out. >_>

1 hour ago, Reddaye said:

How's the mask creator in the CAW for this game? I'd like to be able to design some cool masks for custom guys, and add juniors from Japan, folks from Chikara, etc but I'm not sure if the mask creation is halfway decent or not.

There's a good number of CHIKARA guys being made. I saw an amazing Fire Ant the other night.

42 minutes ago, Lars Elric said:

Do I have to use at least 2 finishers to finish a guy of in MyCareer? I can't win because after my first finisher I can't get my second one before the pin me.

I upped FInisher Damage, but yeah - you do lesser damage than most others due to your stats so hold onto your finisher until you're ready for it to finish them off. One thing I do is buy the ability to pin off certain moves and make sure to use one of those as a my finisher or signature so I don't waste any time near the end of a match.

• Like 1