WWE 2K16

Just got the game. Playing as Enzo vs. Finn at WrestleMania. It's pretty awesome that there's no cut scenes between the intro and either guy's entrance. It just flows. 

Lillian was talking for ever with no sound and then the actual introduction was really choppy. "The following contest...... .... .... ... is a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match... ... ... ... for the... NXT.. .... .... ... Championship!" Really weird. 

Seems like real life Lilian

Over the top excited for this, firing it up now.

Heh so the first match I played was Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins as the game finished installing. It was a very good back and forth thing, and after Rollins kicks out of a spear I was ready to hit him with another. He rolled out of the ring, did some frustrated animations and at about the 4 count I went out and chased after him. He avoided me and once I finally got my hands on him, he reversed and by then it was the 7 count so I went back into the ring. He walked up the entrance ramp, stood there and did the frustrated animations again while I got the count out victory.

That's fucking awesome.

There isn't an embargo at this point, places are working on their reviews but I've noticed a recent trend of taking time with stuff like that. Polygon's provisional review policy amongst them.

That makes sense, but surely they'd have had review copies relatively far in advance?

In my desperation to play this (which I can't as I'm in England), I decided to finish of the Mark Henry/Ultimate Warrior Showcases and it reminded me that I really did enjoy 2K15 despite the next gen version having a massive chunk ripped out of it.

I still can't for the life of me understand the justification of the US getting games before the UK, especially now in the age of digital downloads.