I'm not trying to get special treatment. But could I at least have 12 hours for my picks still? I work 10 hour shifts (6am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday). I always get on before and after work. But if Mick made his pick at 8am, I'd have until 2pm or else get best player available. But I wouldn't know it was my pick because I'd be at work. Plus I feel like half of the fun is making my pick. I'd understand sending a list if I was going out of town for a week or something. But you guys know I'm good with making my picks on time. So I'm just asking for a little flexibility, if that's okay.

Edited by The Heartbreak Kid

If I know you're working and will be there soon enough I don't mind spotting a few extra hours if we're on schedule, especially since you're usually on time with picks, although a small lest would be preferable towards the later rounds to keep things moving. The problem is if I have no idea when you'll be back and you haven't picked after over 12 hours, which is where we are now with DavidMarrio. I mean I get we all have lives and things come up and a purely for fun fantasy league isn't a real priority, but if you haven't left me a list and I don't know you're at work or something, it's fair to everyone else to keep things going rather than slow down the pace for one person and have to go with super short deadlines in the last few rounds to finish on time. That said, we're keeping the 12 hour rule for a couple more rounds, but it'll definitely have to be shortened to finish on time if everyone takes full advantage of it.

As for the math, we have 192 picks total. We've set pretty good pace so far with 46 picks. We have about 30 days (not counting the wasted day today) to get 146 picks in, so we need to be averaging about 5 picks a day to finish the day before the season opener. 

Edited by HC

His performance has gone down the past two seasons. He's a honey trap. 

Its called leveling off, as he had a bonkers rookie year.  His rushing TDs went up last season, as did his receiving totals.  There's nothing whatsoever to support your ridiculous claims that he's A) a bad back or B) a bad pick in the 4th round.

Actually, I didn't. I posted that during a break at work, because Morris has burned me before. To me, he's that player, the guy that you're like "WOOO I GOT HIM!", then you watch as you start him against the league's worst run defense, and you can only think 'fuck' as he has a lackluster game, while the guy you benched in favor of him proceeds to have a career day. That's what Alfred Morris is to me. He's pretty much forever blacklisted to me. 

While we wait for draft picks, I may as well weigh in. Morris is a fine pick as one of the few workhorse RBs on a team with no real committee, and with the wa y RBs have been going thus far in this draft, Forbes made a perfectly solid pick here. Would I have taken him myself here? Probably not because he doesn't mesh with my personal draft philosophy, but it's not a bad pick or anything. I think we can all agree it's a better pick than a kicker at least. (Looking at you, James Ewing :P)

Edited by HC

Actually, I didn't. I posted that during a break at work, because Morris has burned me before. To me, he's that player, the guy that you're like "WOOO I GOT HIM!", then you watch as you start him against the league's worst run defense, and you can only think 'fuck' as he has a lackluster game, while the guy you benched in favor of him proceeds to have a career day. That's what Alfred Morris is to me. He's pretty much forever blacklisted to me. 

So it's a racial issue.

• Like 1

While we wait for draft picks, I may as well weigh in. Morris is a fine pick as one of the few workhorse RBs on a team with no real committee, and with the wa y RBs have been going thus far in this draft, Forbes made a perfectly solid pick here. Would I have taken him myself here? Probably not because he doesn't mesh with my personal draft philosophy, but it's not a bad pick or anything. I think we can all agree it's a better pick than a kicker at least. (Looking at you, James Ewing :P)

Definitely this. Jumping on Morris pick when a kicker has already gone is laughable.

Taking to Facebook to try and argue the point isn't a good look, either. 

If I know you're working and will be there soon enough I don't mind spotting a few extra hours if we're on schedule, especially since you're usually on time with picks, although a small lest would be preferable towards the later rounds to keep things moving. The problem is if I have no idea when you'll be back and you haven't picked after over 12 hours, which is where we are now with DavidMarrio. I mean I get we all have lives and things come up and a purely for fun fantasy league isn't a real priority, but if you haven't left me a list and I don't know you're at work or something, it's fair to everyone else to keep things going rather than slow down the pace for one person and have to go with super short deadlines in the last few rounds to finish on time. That said, we're keeping the 12 hour rule for a couple more rounds, but it'll definitely have to be shortened to finish on time if everyone takes full advantage of it.

As for the math, we have 192 picks total. We've set pretty good pace so far with 46 picks. We have about 30 days (not counting the wasted day today) to get 146 picks in, so we need to be averaging about 5 picks a day to finish the day before the season opener. 

Completely reasonable. I don't mind having to send in lists in the later rounds to make sure we finish on time. I was hoping we would be moving along during the weekend since I have the time off. But I'm not going to cause a stink over it. Because like you said, this is all for fun. :)

Apologies for the delay gents, Lots of deliberation with no one really jumping out. 

Diamond City selects Julian Edelman, WR New England Deflatriots & Jonathan Stewart, RB, North Carolina TarAnthers 

@David Marrio returns to being on the timepiece. (If that tag doesn't work cus mobile, can someone fix? K thanks) 

Definitely this. Jumping on Morris pick when a kicker has already gone is laughable.

Taking to Facebook to try and argue the point isn't a good look, either. 

I'm NEVER gonna live that down, am I?

We still mock the guy who took Reggie Bush #1 overall in his rookie year, and that was like 10 years ago and that guy isn't on the board.

So...no.

Edited by Maxx