Football Manager 2016

Benji

No one wants to win the league in my Fulham game. We've won just 3 in the last ten, as have 2nd place Sheffield Wednesday, Burnley in 3rd and Huddersfield in 4th. 5th place Wolves however are staging a late run and have 6 in 7. Cardiff and Leeds are both in the relegation zone, hoping they go down so I can snap up some players.

Fulham's defence is dogshite though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is something they've done before, but I've received an email telling me that Steam are offering 'loyalty' discounts on pre-purchases of FM17. That is, if you own FM13,14,15 or 16 then you can get a 5% discount on FM17 per game (up to 20% in total if you own all four). Thought that seemed pretty decent.

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I don't know if this is something they've done before, but I've received an email telling me that Steam are offering 'loyalty' discounts on pre-purchases of FM17. That is, if you own FM13,14,15 or 16 then you can get a 5% discount on FM17 per game (up to 20% in total if you own all four). Thought that seemed pretty decent.

20% off is a nice offer, but I really really despise pre-ordering anything. And I can easily find FM17 for around 30€ after a few weeks or so, so although it's a nice offer, i'm certainly gonna pass on it.

I'll probably end up using that preorder deal. I looked online and everywhere seems to be the same price as it is on steam before the discount.  

If they're complete forwards, surely that means they can play any striking role? :shifty:

I'd just do as you say, set both as complete forwards, with the better passer on support and better finisher on attacking. Maybe even set them to overlap/swap over to keep defenders guessing.

You could also set the harder working player (work rate, fitness, aggression, and stamina) as a defensive forward, and have him take up a Vardy-esque role where he motors around and puts pressure on the defense.

But yeah, like Benji said, if they're both Complete Forwards they're skilled enough to play any role up front. 

55 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Tactical advice pls. My two best strikers are best suited to play as complete forwards. Can they coexist

Give them a set of tag belts.

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Board randomly gave me £40m and £191k to spend, mid season. Only thing is, I'm a reasonable mid table side with no real weaknesses. No idea what to spend the money on.

All the 5* prospects, or you know, players that will turn that reasonable mid table side into a reasonable upper-table side.

Edited by Jasonmufc

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Board randomly gave me £40m and £191k to spend, mid season. Only thing is, I'm a reasonable mid table side with no real weaknesses. No idea what to spend the money on.

Ivory back scratcher 

• Like 1