Football Manager 2016

Benji

I used to go KIlmarnock, sign Kiko on a free and immediately sell him for £10,000,000. Then I'd use the money to sign Stefan Selakovic, Dionisis Chiotis, , Mark Kerr, David Prutton, Cherno Samba and a bunch of other favourites, as well as Taribo West on a free. Won the UEFA Cup in my first season once.

• Like 1

Cherno Samba, pure legend.

The ability to fly through seasons cannot be underestimated as a positive. The sheer slog of FM these days really puts me off. I once played through 20+ seasons in one CM 01/02 save, building my career from Donny in the Conference all the way up to winning the double, the only time I ever won the Premier League, with West Ham in like 2019.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I barely ever play FM these days because you need to set aside so much time for it. These days I tend to play it if I've got a few days off and run out of actual meaningful things to do at some point.

But on the other hand, I've become too accustomed to some of the modern FM features that I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice them to fly through seasons again. I loved CM 01/02 at the time - probably enjoyed it more than any other manager game - but there's a reason I haven't played it for about ten years.

I started a new game with Liverpool to try and get back into FM and the biggest team I've been on this one is Ajax. 

Sold Skrtel for 10mil to Zenit with Ramil Sheidaev coming to Anfield. 

Sold Mignolet to Shakhtar for 10mil with 6 mil in clauses. 

Sold Lucas for 18.75mil to PSG. 

Sold Jose Enrique to Southampton for 4mil

Sold Kevin Stewart and Jordan Williams to Burnley for a combined 1.1mil

I've got Karius coming in for 7.5mil, Michael Keane for 7.5mil and Timo Horn for 7.5mil as the three major signings for the squad  

I've secured a bunch of youngsters as well as backup/future starters in Sandi Lovric, Bozhidar Kraev, Ales Mateju, Tilen Klemencic, Herculano Carvalho and Josip Brekalo all in. 

49mil made in transfers out     Spent 33.05mil. 

I've still got 24mil to spend...don't even know what positions I need to improve as I've got a good young squad now. 

20 hours ago, James 'Kryten' Milner said:

I'm just intrigued as to how many shots you had to score 10 and yet the goalie also got a 10.

38, 29 on target.

39 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Former United player, controversial.

As part of his signing he burnt a United top and stated that he'd rather shop in Liverpool One than the Trafford Centre. Just to make sure his allegiances were in check :shifty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

As part of his signing he burnt a United top and stated that he'd rather shop in Liverpool One than the Trafford Centre. Just to make sure his allegiances were in check :shifty:

Yeah but did he do an expert lean in an unspecified area of the training ground?

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yeah but did he do an expert lean in an unspecified area of the training ground?

It was a successful lean followed by photos of him holding a club scarf and photos of him having his legs checked out by the club doctor alongside other cliché photos 

• Like 2

Chelsea fans never burn shirts...never :shifty:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fan-burns-petr-cech-jersey-after-goalkeeper-confirms-move-to-london-rivals-arsenal-10354650.html

Back to FM related news, is there a way of finding out teams that have been taken over by tycoons quickly instead of subscribing to every league and having just takeovers ticked? I always like seeing what random teams get taken over. On my Brighton save I remember Motherwell got taken over by a tycoon and started to dominate the SPL. 

Finally decided to leave England following an easy as fuck Euro 2020. Like, I've never had this little trouble at an international tournament. Did come second in the group due to 2 draws and a win, but they were unlucky draws largely down to both Jack Butland and Joe Hart being a bit shit. But this was my run to the final:

Turkey - won 4-1.

Serbia - won 4-1.

Italy - won 5-0.

Belgium - won 6-1.

4-4-2 for all four of those games. Vardy is 33 years old and plays incredibly. Finished with 10 in 6, scoring 7 from the quarters onwards. Team was:

Spoiler

Hart/Butland (GK)

Shaw (FB/A)              Stones                      Smalling/Dier                  Dier/Clyne (FB/A)

Sterling (W/A)         Henderson/Alli (BBM/S)   Alli/Ward-Prowse/Barkley (AP/A)       Redmond/Ibe (W/A)

Vardy (DF/S)                                           Kane (TM/S)/Rashford (F9/S)

Assorted others: Forster, Shawcross, Maguire, Trippier, Welbeck, Bertrand

Standard/Flexible, Work Ball Into Box, Look for Overlap, Close Down More, Higher Tempo, Play Wider. Only player intstruction is on the keeper: More direct, long kicks, distribute to target man, distribute quickly. I think Vardy becomes the 'target man' even as Defensive Forward when I'm playing Rashford, but I'm not sure.

Chose to take the Holland job. And boy are they in trouble. After getting to the quarters at Euro 2016, they missed the World Cup and only got to the 2nd round of Euro 2020. At one point they were ranked 30th in the World. Time to fix the Dutch.

There's nothing you can do to save dutch football, nothing :shifty:

Also, choosing captains when your team has the highest average determination and leadership of the Serie A... Whilst squad personality is 'Highly Professional'be62eaaea4cefad061777bcf80552c2c.png

(Currently Stridi and Manuel are Captain and Vice Captain, respectively...)

Edited by Jasonmufc