South Park

Mick

Cartman just owned Bart Simpson.

EDIT: But Bart just owned Kyle.

And then Bart owned Cartman.

Fucking awesome episode tonight. They made fun of everything, from Family Guy to The Simpsons to the Mohammed cartoon situation to the Scientology episode being pulled to their own show.

Guest Bluesman

Funny stuff, although their entire premise of the Mohammed cartoon is irrational, childish bullshit. Spot on about Family Guy though, which is really starting fall off.

YUMMY YUMMY CRAP

Oops, hit send to soon. Really awesome episode, I fell for the false start and thought the whole Bart vs Cartman who did the worst thing scene was great (figured Cartman would bring up Butters cutting off the head of a statue, but ah well).

Edited by Psicosis

Great episode tonight but I am disappointed we didn't get to see Muhammad. Whatever. I have to say, the tenth season has been amazing thus far. They haven't had a bad episode yet (the Smug was decent).

Great episode tonight but I am disappointed we didn't get to see Muhammad. Whatever. I have to say, the tenth season has been amazing thus far. They haven't had a bad episode yet (the Smug was decent).

It's hilarious that Comedy Central pussed out on showing Muhammed when they had no problem years ago with the Super Best Friends episode.

It's hilarious that Comedy Central pussed out on showing Muhammed when they had no problem years ago with the Super Best Friends episode.

I got the idea that CC not showing Muhammed wasn't done by them but a joke by Matt and Trey.

from Yahoo! News:

"South Park" Censored

Thu Apr 13, 7:05 PM ET

There was something missing in Wednesday night's South Park--as a title card explained: "Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network."

It was not a joke.

The scene depicting the Islamic prophet handing a football helmet to a character from Family Guy (at least that's how another of the show's title cards put it) really was nixed by Comedy Central.

A source close to the show said safety concerns were behind the move. Earlier this year, the Danish publication of newspaper cartoons about Mohammed sparked deadly rioting throughout the world. Any rendering of the prophet is considered insulting by Muslims.

"In light of recent events, we feel we made the right decision," Comedy Central said in a statement Thursday.

There was no public response from series creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Wednesday's South Park, "Cartoon Wars, Part 2," was the concluding half of a story arc in which Family Guy, yes, the Fox animated series, causes international consternation when, in a familiar-sounding turn of events, it depicts Mohammed. (The story line is better understood if one accepts that, as The South Park Scriptorium explained, "Family Guy=South Park.")

In the South Park version of things, Family Guy makes it to air with the controversial scene, prompting an animated response (literally) from al Qaeda involving Jesus, President Bush, the U.S. flag and bowel movements.

In an interview with the Associated Press, William Donohue of the conservative Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights attacked Parker and Stone, but not Comedy Central, for the Jesus bit making air. Of the show's creators, Donohue said, "[They're] like little whores...They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus."

South Park has been winning friends of late with its religious-themed episodes. Last year, Comedy Central ran, but later declined to rerun the episode "Bloody Mary" after Donohue's group took umbrage with a menstruating Virgin Mary statue. Last month, Isaac Hayes turned in his Chef's hat, saying the show's satire had gone too far. His departure was seen as a belated response to "Trapped in the Closet," a 2005 episode that focused on Scientology, Hayes' religion. Comedy Central pulled a rerun of that episode, too.

An avowed equal opportunity offender, South Park previously depicted Mohammed to little public outcry. In that case, timing might have been everything. The episode, "Super Best Friends," debuted in July 2001, or two months before the arrival of the post-9-11 world.

I got the idea that CC not showing Muhammed wasn't done by them but a joke by Matt and Trey.

from Yahoo! News:

"South Park" Censored

There was something missing in Wednesday night's South Park--as a title card explained: "Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network."

It was not a joke.

Edited by Psicosis

from Yahoo! News:

"South Park" Censored

It was not a joke.

Was just about to correct myself but you beat me to it. An uncut version is up on the web apparently.

The DVD's can't come out fast enough.

Then again, it's arleady in season 5 from the Super Best Friends episode.

'South Park' Bites The Hand That Feeds It

The CBS News blog Public Eye, which previously criticized all the major news outlets, including CBS, for refusing to show the Danish cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad that recently touched off a wave of violent protests, has praised Comedy Central's South Park for taking up the issue. In a commentary posted on Thursday, Vaughn Ververs, who runs the blog, praised the recently Peabody-awarded show for a two-part series for speaking "truth to the irrational and irresponsible reaction to this cartoon controversy in the U.S. in general and among the media in particular." However, the Associated Press reported late Thursday that Comedy Central itself refused to allow the Muhammad cartoons from being shown in the South Park episode and that creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker retaliated by showing an image of Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag. In a statement, Comedy Central said, "In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." The Washington Post observed today (Friday) that comedy central had previously aired an episode of South Park that depicted Muhammad -- without incident. Although the A.P. (and other news outlets) maintains that "Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous," several writers have pointed out that nowhere in the Koran is there any mention of the matter.

I love that...show an image of Muhammad? No. Show a cartoon of Jesus taking a crap on the flag and the president? Sure! No problem!

This weeks preview

Towelie gets over his drug addiction and writes a moving book about his experiences. Thanks to Oprah’s support, the book becomes a best seller and his story inspires millions to turn their lives around. However, when he’s caught in a lie by the grand dame of daytime television, Towelie’s old habits start to look mighty appealing.

Seems like they are going to make fun of that guy who's book became famous because of Oprah.