South Park

Mick

I'm watching this week's episode now, and I think they've scraped the bottom of the cultural barrel, basing an episode around an obscure TV show on a 3rd tier cable network.

The only reason I even know the Dog Whisperer exists is because I can't find anything better on at 3am on a friday.

I'm watching this week's episode now, and I think they've scraped the bottom of the cultural barrel, basing an episode around an obscure TV show on a 3rd tier cable network.

The only reason I even know the Dog Whisperer exists is because I can't find anything better on at 3am on a friday.

Yeah, but it was a damn funny episode poking fun at shit like Nanny 911, which has no business being on TV at all. It was another simple episode, no major social commentary, just flat-out funny, albeit a bit repetitive.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bosstown Boy

EDIT: My bad on the title. h or n, same thing. <_<

Anyone else here enjoy South Park at all? I believe it's ability to stay fresh is what makes it best, definately better then recent Simpsons.

I just finished watching "Grey Dawn", the one with the old drivers killing everyone.

"Mostly hippies go to Farmer's Markets.. Mostly."

Edited by Bosstown Boy

EDIT: My bad on the title. h or n, same thing. <_<

Anyone else here enjoy South Park at all? I believe it's ability to stay fresh is what makes it best, definately better then recent Simpsons.

I just finished watching "Grey Dawn", the one with the old drivers killing everyone.

"Mostly hippies go to Farmer's Markets.. Mostly."

There actually have been threads on South Park, so you clearly didn't search very well.

Nitpicking and smarm aside, South Park at its peak was wonderful, but now it's hit or miss. "The Losing Edge" was an amazingly funny episode, though.

The R-Kelly thread reminded me of how amazing that Tom Cruise South Park episode was.

Anyway South Park is probably the most consistently brilliant television show ever. Its pretty funny how people still write it off as toilet humour, when there is so much more to it.

I have to say South Park is one of my favourite shows but Season 10 has been a bit hit and miss thus far. I enjoyed Cartoon Wars and to an extent Smug Wars and The Return Of Chef but Million Little Fibers and ManBearPig weren't too great. TSST was good and hopefully things can turn around when it comes back in October.

And what would people think of me if I didn't post in a SP thread and didn't say:

DEY TUK URR JERBS!

It didn't work! Everybody back on the pile!

It did work, it was just really, really gay. Gayer in fact then all the men getting in a pile and having sex with each other.

I would say that South Park is still one of the better shows out there, but ManBearPig has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Pretty much. That episode was death.

I loved ManBearPig... cereal.

In my opinion, there is still no show on television that even comes close to South Park. No one else can do good comedy, immature comedy, and talk about serious issues like South Park can. It's still the wittiest show on TV and will probably stay that way until the final episode.