South Park

Mick

The Family Guy stuff was hilarious but I liked the references of Tom Cruise (and scientology) trying to get South Park episodes pulled better but after next week's episode, I think they should cut down on the Scientology stuff before the entire season gets lost in it.

"Embarassing like that time I auditioned to be Knight Rider for David Hasselhoff?"

I liked the episode. I like both shows, and I'm hoping FG lobs something back (that doesn't suck, preferably).

Although, I kinda thought they let the FG stuff overshadow the rest of the episode.

..Although the episode was /about/ FG.

But whatever.

I didn't think it was really taking all that much of a shot at Family Guy, little jabs here and there but more in jest really. I thought it made more of a comment on societys attitude toward that stuff.

Yeah, that's how I saw it.

But it would still be cool if they just took playful shots at each other, I guess. Sorta like the Neil Young/Lynyrd Skynyrd feud. :o

I wouldn't be expecting a fun friendly rivalry between FG and SP, Matt Stone has been quoted in the past saying "When people say to me, 'God you guys have one of the best shows on TV. You and Family Guy.' That fucking hurts so bad." So I'm guessing in reality he just plain doesn't like Family Guy.

Good lord, Towelie is the worst thing to ever come out of South Park.

That's the point.

The Family Guy episode was hilarious, but I found it interesting that they didn't go straight for the jugular. They even had Kyle, who has been the voice of reason for the last few seasons, defend Family Guy. Of course, it doesn't surprise me that Cartman, the epitome of South Park, was the one against it since people always compare the two shows. I was expecting something scathing, like Family Guy is the biggest pile of shit ever, but in reality they just pretty much said, "hey that's okay if that's your thing, but their show is nothing like ours."