South Park

Mick

I saw the first couple of minutes before I fell asleep but wasn't it a parody of Hurricane Katrina?

Pretty much.

"But somebody is going to help those people, right?"

"It's too late for them now!"

Yeah, the first part was Katrina and then it turned into Day After Tomorrow.

"I mean seriously, who builds a city under a damn?"

Ah. My roomate saw the first half, I saw the second half. He kept telling me it was episode about Katrina, I kept thinking it was an episode about Day After Tommorrow ... except for the parts where the people were stranded on the roofs waiting for help.

And just because I can say this, I broke the dam...

I broke the dam

I broke the dam

No I literally broke the dam

I broke the dam

There was a boat that wasn't mine

I broke the dam

and I drove it into the damn and it exploded

I broke the dam

there was fire everywhere

I broke the dam

AHHH FUCK IT!

this is one of the better episodes of Season 9 so far, with this only being in the 1st episode of the 2nd half I can't wait for the next ones.

I think this episode was in the top ten, but defenitely not the funniest ever. You can't top the Critter Christmas one in my view. Not now, not ever. That was the only episode that made me laugh so hard I started crying.

• 4 months later...

*cue theme to Shaft for a random reason ROC doesn't know yet*

Oh, and at the end of the day, it isn't much of a loss. In recent episodes, they've really downplayed Chef anyways and all they need to do is bump up a minor character.

Edited by just ROC...

There's always a double standard when it comes to Christianity. It's ok to slag off Christianity and parody it over and over and over and over, but speak out against Jews, Muslims, Scientologists, or anyone else, and you're a racist. It's absolute crap hoe Christianity gets a worse deal.

Perfect example: Cartoons about Jesus don't cause embassy's to be burnt down. And if people protested cartoons about Jesus, they would be judged as crazy fools by all of society. Yet Muslims are simply defending their rights and their religion.

(N.B. That is not an attack on Muslims, but an attack on the double-standard views that society holds.)

I liked Chef, but there wasn't much focus put on him recently, the fact that he would leave right after they did Scientology just irks me since like they said in the article, he has participated in bashing everything else. I mean I'll miss him later, but I would rather see more of the people that are actually funny now (Towly, Mr. Slave, etc.)

There's always a double standard when it comes to Christianity. It's ok to slag off Christianity and parody it over and over and over and over, but speak out against Jews, Muslims, Scientologists, or anyone else, and you're a racist. It's absolute crap hoe Christianity gets a worse deal.

Perfect example: Cartoons about Jesus don't cause embassy's to be burnt down. And if people protested cartoons about Jesus, they would be judged as crazy fools by all of society. Yet Muslims are simply defending their rights and their religion.

(N.B. That is not an attack on Muslims, but an attack on the double-standard views that society holds.)

In Islam it's a sin to make pictures of Allah or Muhammad in any form. Yes, the context obviously angered them further, but it's a justifiable argument, as Christians use images of Jesus all the time, whereas Muslims are forbidden from doing so.

But, yeah, Hayes is in the wrong for the double standards at work here. He can't claim to be leaving because of the way the show mocks religion as a whole, when he's stuck by through a lot worse. If he'd simply said he wasn't comfortable with the way they depicted his own religion, I doubt anyone would have been particularly upset with him, it's the double standards that make it a bad move on his part, in my opinion.