What game franchises need reviving?

Benji

They essentially still make the MUA games.. it's just that there are the more profitable Lego series games now. Not the same thing really, yeah - but with a quick overview they're essentially the same thing when it boils down to it. I'll always miss collecting all the costumes and stuff in the MUA and X-Men games.. not to mention that the combat wasn't THAT much more advanced but it was still a hell of a lot less repetitive than the Lego series games.

That and you could cheat endlessly once you got Green Goblin and just fired from his glider.

Ultimate Alliance would be great to have again. Marvel Heroes just doesn't do it for me compared. And man, you just know an Ultimate Alliance nowadays wouldn't have a single unlockable - every alternate costume would end up as DLC.

Another one I stumbled upon whilst browsing for PS2 games to play again... Mercenaries, I want a new Mercenaries!

The first one was brilliant and had a very very long and satisfying gameplay where you had to take down 52 North Korean baddies whilst at the same time juggling working with the UN, Russian Mob, China, and South Korea/CIA for money so you could buy awesome destructive toys to make life an even bigger hell for the North Koreans.

The second game was short and quite unpolished, and whilst it was fun it was nothing compared to it's predecessor. But it was generally dissapointing.

Give me Mercs 3 in the style of the first, and i'll be an extremely happy camper...
Granted, Just Cause is very much fulfilling that niche, but still, I loved Mercenaries and I'd love to see it return.

• Like 3