EWB's Top 27 Movies of 2015

GoGo Yubari

4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

It Follows was really good. 

I just watched the trailer, it does look pretty cool.

I've avoided horror movies for a few years now because it's been all about the jump scares or loud screaming.

this isn't delayed, it is deliberately, artistically paced. So there.

EysI5sq.png

10. Jurassic World (47 points, appeared on nine ballots)

XQN7bHp.png

9. Creed (56 points, appeared on ten ballots)

Sz0eyDJ.png

8. Kingsman: The Secret Service (56 points, appeared on eleven ballots)

dN316aY.png

7. Ant-Man (60 points, appeared on eleven ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 27 Movies of 2015: ... starting to see pictures, ain't ya?

• Like 3

I still need to see Ant-Man. I started to watch it while voting for this was going on, but never finished it. I can barely even say I started it since I got like four minutes in before I got pulled away and just.. never resumed watching. 

Ant-Man was the better of the two Marvel movies last year. Which is just a thing I'm innocently observing as we move on to the penultimate update...

NlKSK78.png

6. The Martian (61 points, appeared on ten ballots)

lCh2uUG.jpg

5. Avengers: Age of Ultron (67 points, appeared on twelve ballots)

6jhpBo4.png

4. The Hateful Eight (67 points, appeared on thirteen ballots)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 27 Movies of 2015: I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death! Sing, Brother Heckler! Sing, Brother Koch! Sing, brothers! SING! SIIIIIIIIIING!

or

Next Time, on EWB's Top 27 Movies of 2015: I saw a really hairy guy, he looked like a bear.

or

Next Time, on EWB's Top 27 Movies of 2015: That's not how the Force works!

I still haven't seen The Hateful Eight either. Whoops!

I liked Avengers well enough. I haven't seen The Martian. I started to say "um excuse me strimmer but Guardians of the Galaxy" and then I looked it up and that came out in 2014. Dang.

Age of Ultron placed that highly? I have to imagine that comes down to a ton of "Well, I need like 10 answers..." and also watched votes. Like, it was the most average Marvel film by far.

Edited by TKzo Amore
  • Like 1

Gonna post my thoughts on every movie I saw that made the list after I finish, maybe. Or maybe not. OR MAYBE. They'd include all of these three if so! Let's end it.

2Ohkhie.png

3. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (125 points, appeared on seventeen ballots)

ZGnRN4o.png

2. Inside Out (126 points, appeared on sixteen ballots)

zbo0QJC.png

1. Mad Max: Fury Road (194 points, appeared on twenty-one ballots)

Thanks for voting, guys. Let's do it again in like eleven months, okay?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2016 at 21:09, Benkid Nada said:

That seems weirdly impossible, I'm sure you heard of Rogue Nation and Mockingjay 2, at least. 

Never heard of Rogue Nation.

Heard of a bunch of the other ones though, enough that it wouldn't be funny to follow up my last post with a new count.  Hell, I even saw four of these bad boys!  One was in the theatres no less!

Mission

59 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

Never heard of Rogue Nation.

Heard of a bunch of the other ones though, enough that it wouldn't be funny to follow up my last post with a new count.  Hell, I even saw four of these bad boys!  One was in the theatres no less!

Have you heard of it with Mission Impossible attached to the front of it?  

• Like 1

Well I've never seen any other Mission Impossible movie and if you're telling me this is one of them, then this is the first I've heard of them releasing one last year.

Out of the four movies on this list I did see, Mad Max was definitely the awesome.  Star Wars was less so, although I saw some of it again on a plane recently and it held up well at least.

I think I only have three films to catch up from this list. A pretty fantastic mix of what I thought were the best films of the year earlier in the list, then followed up by some pretty excellent blockbusters. I really hope this year can live up to last year.