Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

21 minutes ago, Colly said:

And Papiss Cisse this morning!

I can almost read the nothing articles on the Newcastle Chronicle about the no.9 shirt already.

He seems like a top guy and he always did his best. The first 6 months will always be remembered for the absurdity of how good he was.

Good luck Papiss, who knows how good you finally grasp the offside rule!

Combination of age and maximising earning potential. 

Cisse and Pelle are both over 30 and this is likely their only chance to ever command a huge salary. Cisse apparently had Hull and West Brom interested, how could anyone not opt for China on probably 3x the salary at this point in his career with his ability?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TCO said:

Combination of age and maximising earning potential. 

Cisse and Pelle are both over 30 and this is likely their only chance to ever command a huge salary. Cisse apparently had Hull and West Brom interested, how could anyone not opt for China on probably 3x the salary at this point in his career with his ability?

In a season where Watford are turning down 20 Mil for Deeney, Pelle can't get a payday?

7 minutes ago, MDK said:

In a season where Watford are turning down 20 Mil for Deeney, Pelle can't get a payday?

Of course he can get a payday, but it's the equivalent of having two job offers, one being twice the salary of the other. You're gonna opt for the highest bidder, aren't you?

11 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Of course he can get a payday, but it's the equivalent of having two job offers, one being twice the salary of the other. You're gonna opt for the highest bidder, aren't you?

Of course, I would, you would. You'd be mad not to, but PL teams can't offer anything close to that? 

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

Not with the money Chinese clubs are throwing around.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Tax free and more than what So'ton can offer? nope

I guess so. He ain't exactly on 50 bob a week tho, you'd think being able to get to Italy on the train might mitigate the money. 

Maybe like loves a chop suey.

13 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

I feel like the Chinese league is turning into the new MLS but with billionaires buying players.

It feels a bit more like Russia five to ten years ago to me. Only on steroids.

19 minutes ago, Freelance Hobo said:

It feels a bit more like Russia five to ten years ago to me. Only on steroids.

Nope Russia are well known for their steroids still