Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

56 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

In this market with Deeney rated £30 million or so we're told by the papers, 15 for Ibe isn't overly ridiculous.

The thing is they're both ridiculous. Deeney at least has proven to be worth a good amount, but Ibe? What has Ibe really done to be worth that? That's a lot of money for a team like Bournemouth, so they obviously think he can be a key player for them right away.

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

He's not worth one Alan Shearer!

How many @Mick's is he worth?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

37 minutes ago, Adam said:

The thing is they're both ridiculous. Deeney at least has proven to be worth a good amount, but Ibe? What has Ibe really done to be worth that? That's a lot of money for a team like Bournemouth, so they obviously think he can be a key player for them right away.

I don't think it is a lot of money for any Premier League team nowadays. With the TV deal - and Bourneouth's mysterious Russian tycoon owner Maxim Demin - clubs are going to be able to spend upwards of that amount on multiple players much more often than before. The market - and player wages - are about to explode in terms of how much clubs are going to pay for players. £15 million is the new norm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I don't think it is a lot of money for any Premier League team nowadays. With the TV deal - and Bourneouth's mysterious Russian tycoon owner Maxim Demin - clubs are going to be able to spend upwards of that amount on multiple players much more often than before. The market - and player wages - are about to explode in terms of how much clubs are going to pay for players. £15 million is the new norm.

MJ is right, when you have James Tomkins moving for £10m, £15m (or one Alan Shearer) is not as ridiculous as it sounds on paper.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Good point, I guess it becoming the norm is just something I'm not at all getting used to yet. I forgot that James Tomkins just cost Palace £10 million as well.

I see Leeds have signed Kemar Roofe from Oxford for £3 million. They're actually building a proper football league squad it seems, have a good manager in place. They might be dangerous this season if Cellino keeps his itchy finger off the trigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

They are young and, presumably, English so they should all have a starting value of £5mil each right off the bat.

They are and at least four of them love running down the wings into cul-de-sacs and either shooting from an acute angle, falling over or crossing in ten feet over the head of any attackers so it goes out for a throw in and they've all got 14 years of extra future playing time on Raheem Sterling.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

They are and at least four of them love running down the wings into cul-de-sacs and either shooting from an acute angle, falling over or crossing in ten feet over the head of any attackers so it goes out for a throw in and they've all got 14 years of extra future playing time on Raheem Sterling.

They need a proper coach that teaches them to kick people 10ft in the air