Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Can't wait til everyone works out that the title winning Leicester side was a perfect storm of all the players miraculously coming into form at the same time (roughly around the end of 14/15). You can't capture lightning in a bottle.

This means little when in the first instance we just need midfielders who aren't Mikel.

Will signing Kante mean the end of Matic at Chelsea or would he become a squad option? 

Think Kante would be a great signing for any team. He does the job that doesn't get enough praise. Take him out the team and you'll notice a massive difference but when they are playing they are breaking plays up, helping to start attacks and being a nuisance for the opposition.  Its why I loved Lucas but unfortunately bad injuries had a massive impact on him. 

In terms of Liverpool we are looking for another centre back due to Joe Gomez suffering a further setback in his recovery from his ACL injury last season. I feel for the guy, he looked impressive at the start of last season. 

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

Will signing Kante mean the end of Matic at Chelsea or would he become a squad option? 

Think Kante would be a great signing for any team. He does the job that doesn't get enough praise. Take him out the team and you'll notice a massive difference but when they are playing they are breaking plays up, helping to start attacks and being a nuisance for the opposition.  Its why I loved Lucas but unfortunately bad injuries had a massive impact on him. 

In terms of Liverpool we are looking for another centre back due to Joe Gomez suffering a further setback in his recovery from his ACL injury last season. I feel for the guy, he looked impressive at the start of last season. 

Seen a lot of talk that Juventus are eyeing him up. Can see it happening if we're signing Kante.

At the same time though, I've seen things in recent weeks saying "Matic definitely staying".

Or others that say it depended on Kante coming in.

Short answer: who the fuck knows :shifty: 

19 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Can't wait til everyone works out that the title winning Leicester side was a perfect storm of all the players miraculously coming into form at the same time (roughly around the end of 14/15). You can't capture lightning in a bottle.

Yeah, because over 9 months those players played beyond their ability.... Wait, nope.

What you are trying to push as narrative can be said about any championship winning team where they have some competition. Leicester players may have been on form and they may have had luck with the lack of injuries to key players, but to put their success down to "they were on form" is just wrong. Nothing to do with a miracle, it was a team effort and that's why they won. Without a good team playing for each other the calibre of player gets found out, just ask @stokeriño

• Like 2

Absolutely true, I've always used Leicester as an example in my coaching of what you can achieve if you work hard and play as a team.

Now they all want to be Antoine Greizmann and play like Portugal, which in our case is 'stay in our own half and let Josh keep going on mazy dribbles down the left wing'. :shifty:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah, because over 9 months those players played beyond their ability.... Wait, nope.

What you are trying to push as narrative can be said about any championship winning team where they have some competition. Leicester players may have been on form and they may have had luck with the lack of injuries to key players, but to put their success down to "they were on form" is just wrong. Nothing to do with a miracle, it was a team effort and that's why they won. Without a good team playing for each other the calibre of player gets found out, just ask @stokeriño

If that's true, then they'll be there or thereabouts again at the end of this season, no?

Just now, Nerf said:

If that's true, then they'll be there or thereabouts again at the end of this season, no?

Where did I say that? i didn't, now stop trying to move the goal posts and save face you plum

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Where did I say that? i didn't, now stop trying to move the goal posts and save face you plum

" Yeah, because over 9 months those players played beyond their ability "

What's good enough for you is good enough for me, I guess.

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

" Yeah, because over 9 months those players played beyond their ability "

What's good enough for you is good enough for me, I guess.

Many players have the ability to win the league, some never do. So again, if you want to move the goalposts be my guest, but I have not said anything as ludicrous as claiming the only reason a team won a league title is a miracle and then have to try and pick down thing out of nothing to save face.

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

Many players have the ability to win the league, some never do. So again, if you want to move the goalposts be my guest, but I have not said anything as ludicrous as claiming the only reason a team won a league title is a miracle and then have to try and pick down thing out of nothing to save face.

Where did I say it was a miracle? Are you seriously accusing me of putting words in your mouth while putting words in my mouth? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Where did I say it was a miracle? Are you seriously accusing me of putting words in your mouth while putting words in my mouth? :lol:

Nowhere did I accuse you of putting words in my mouth, but if you want to claim you didn't say it was a miracle...

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

Then you would be telling a lie.