Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

14 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Poor Joe Allen. He's done nothing wrong to be handed a punishment so severe :(

I'm glad we at acknowledging how much a stay at Anfield is a sequestration 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm glad we at acknowledging how much a stay at Anfield is a sequestration 

I never knew you disliked Liverpool. When did you all of a sudden dislike anything to do with Liverpool? Would never have guessed you didn't like Liverpool,  its not like you never mention it :shifty:

• Like 2

Say it ain't so Joe :(

He wasn't going to get regular starts, he's in the last year of his contract, and it's a good fee considering. I'll miss the Welsh Xavi-Pirlo. His character and determination were beacons of joy, and as my friend and I would always joke about him: he tried, he tried so hard. Shame he's off to Stoke, but I do think he'll have every chance to do well there.

9 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I never knew you disliked Liverpool. When did you all of a sudden dislike anything to do with Liverpool? Would never have guessed you didn't like Liverpool,  its not like you never mention it :shifty:

I don't dislike Liverpool at all.

Just their fans.

10 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Liverpool are after Wijnaldum, 25m apparently. 

Yeah that one's been floating around for a few days and looks like serious interest.

I don't get it. I can't see where he fits in ahead of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, or even Lallana and Milner. 25m for a squad player who's, at best, 4th choice in the attacking band is weird.

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Fee's agreed now. £25m + add-ons. I don't get it at all, but whatever, if Klopp wants him I'm willing to see how it pans out.

Could there be another one of the players you mention moving on and this is signing the replacement before transfer out is completed?

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Could there be another one of the players you mention moving on and this is signing the replacement before transfer out is completed?

Well, Mane's going nowhere, I doubt Firmino is either. There've been tenuous links with Lallana and Spurs but I don't see that happening. That leaves... Coutinho. Which does make we wonder if the club knows something we don't know about his immediate future :(

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

You should be fine with Coutinho. There doesn't even seem to be talk of him heading anywhere. 

Well, other than Suarez, Neymar, and Alves spending all last season talking about how he should come to Barcelona :P

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

You should be fine with Coutinho. There doesn't even seem to be talk of him heading anywhere. 

I think it really depends on what kind of business Madrid/Barcelona do, right? I feel like they're the only places he's going to end up moving, unless someone like City offer silly money. 

We've been pretty heavily linked with Wijnaldum, and I'm glad we haven't met the 25 mil asking price, especially because I feel like we have a little less money to spend -- because Spurs & new stadium, and I don't think he would've been an upgrade on what we have.

But I still have no doubt he'll be a very good addition to Liverpool. He can also play a bit deeper in midfield, right? Seems like a good player who can play across the front 3/4 and is really strong replacement for any of your attacking mids if they're not fit. 

Edited by Jimmy

3 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Well, other than Suarez, Neymar, and Alves spending all last season talking about how he should come to Barcelona :P

He also recently (reportedly) signed up Kia Joorabchian as his new representative, so take that as you will.

Wijnaldum will be a good squad option to have...but 25+mil on someone who is going to be a squad player isn't ideal. Unless Klopp has plans for him that people aren't expecting?

The way I'm looking at it is that he'll be a good versatile player to have in the team. It boosts our midfield options in terms of attacking midfield or more centrally. But I'm not sure where all these players are going to get game time especially without European football.