Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

3 hours ago, Troy Saint said:

You know the ol' "No way is Blankity Blank worth ?x Alan Shearer" debate? I found that the Bank of England have an interest calculator on their website. Going off of the fee quoted on Transfermarkt, 1 Alan Shearer in today's money is 30.2million, which makes Kante worth a little over 1 Alan Shearer. Do with that information what you will. :shifty: 

I'm not quite sure what you've done, have you just calculated what £15m quid would earn you in interest in 20 years? Or do you mean adjusted for inflation?

Either way, transfer fees increases are far more linked to the massive increases in revenue from tv deals and the like, inflation would hardly scratch the surface.

42 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm not quite sure what you've done, have you just calculated what £15m quid would earn you in interest in 20 years? Or do you mean adjusted for inflation?

Either way, transfer fees increases are far more linked to the massive increases in revenue from tv deals and the like, inflation would hardly scratch the surface.

Adjusted for inflation yeah. At least I hope that's what I did. :shifty:

Liverpool are looking to sign Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle and are also set to sign Ragnar Klavan from Ausburg as defensive cover.

12 hours ago, Colly said:

Paul Tomkins has (had?) a pretty handy chart showing the record transfers and what they'd be worth in today's market, so he could gauge the 'real' world record transfer. Clicky.

• Admin

Sky Sources are saying that Burnley are closing in on their first signings ahead of their return to the Premier League with a double raid on Charlton Athletic. Icelandic winger Johann Berg Gudmundsson and goalkeeper Nick Pope are expected to undergo medicals in the next 24 hours.

• Admin

Liverpool goalkeeper Adam Bogdan is close to agreeing a move to Wigan Athletic, according to ESPN FC.

Former Newcastle Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti has signed for English Premier League side Swansea City after putting pen to paper on a two-year deal. The twice-capped Socceroos stopper, who was named in the A-League team of the year last season, will provide competition to first-choice keeper and Polish No1 Lukasz Fabianski and his back-ups Kristoffer Nordfeldt and Gerhard Tremmel.

Northern Ireland keeper Michael McGovern, who is out of contract after two years with Hamilton, is expected to join Norwich, who are managed by former Accies boss Alex Neil.

• Admin

Arsenal have made a bid in region of £2m for Bolton Wanderers defender Rob Holding, reports BBC Radio Manchester. The 20-year-old is a product of the Bolton youth system and was in the England Under-21 squad that won the Toulon tournament this summer.

9 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Nerf can fill you in.

Stoke have made a £20m bid for Saido Berahino.

After two seasons of will he wont he with Spurs, he's gonna go to Stoke.

Hehe.