Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Just now, TCO said:

Good signing but shouldn't they be signing a striker?

Is Welbeck injured?

Cause, honestly, Giroud is good enough to challenge for the league, but the depth behind him isn't great if Danny's gone down again.

As massively pleased as I'd be getting Mahrez, I'm the same, I hoped when Vardy knocked us back they'd be able to keep the squad together for a champions league run.

Just now, Nerf said:

Is Welbeck injured?

Cause, honestly, Giroud is good enough to challenge for the league, but the depth behind him isn't great if Danny's gone down again.

I don't think Arsenal will realistically challenge until they have someone scoring for fun up front again. Giroud hasn't really done that.

Also Higuain is having a medical at Juve for roughly stupid money for a near 29 year old. Pretty much confirms Pogba to United I'd imagine too!

32 minutes ago, TCO said:

I don't think Arsenal will realistically challenge until they have someone scoring for fun up front again. Giroud hasn't really done that.

Also Higuain is having a medical at Juve for roughly stupid money for a near 29 year old. Pretty much confirms Pogba to United I'd imagine too!

I think that if we had Mahrez coming in we might just be able to get away without signing a striker. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't, but with Giroud, Sanchez and Mahrez there should be enough goals there.

If Mahrez does leave, I think Vardy will really regret not signing for us.

I love stats and data, so I was looking at the Premier League Champions and their respective top scorer each season and made a table to analyse it. 

The lowest scoring top scorer for a Premier League winning side was Chelsea's Frank Lampard in 04/05 who scored just 13 goals. So maybe it is a myth that you need a 20 goal striker. Although the average of the Champions' top scorer is 20.9 goals. so who knows? I dub it the Daniel Sturridge Line. <_<

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1