Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Very pleased with the money for him, he isn't worth that much yet but I think he's a fantastic player who with the right coaching will fully justify being the second most expensive defender of all time (who is first by the way?) before long.

Problem is, now Everton really need to get a move on. The season starts in four days and we need a couple of defenders, a winger and a striker at bare minimum.

I think John Stones has the potential to be a good defender but at the same time I think he is over-rated. 

I think Everton have been smart. Stones will either not justify the price tag and Everton have made 50mil or he goes on to be a great defender but either way Everton got 50mil for him when he wasn't worth that much. 

The only thing is Everton will need to be proactive in finding replacements and time is running out.  That and clubs will be aware that Everton have 50mil to burn

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

So, what is the centre back situation looking like for the weekend? Who will start for them? David Unsworth in with a shout?

He was better at left back but admittedly has the size nowadays to be effective in the middle. He fills it.

A back four of Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori & Baines is likely at the moment, which is fine. If Williams and/or Kone are added to that it's not too bad, but hardly a world class defence.

Totally forgot about Jagielka. I always expect him to be injured. How's Funes Mori? Haven't seen a lot of him but seems capable enough. You should be getting that Williams deal done even if it costs you £15m. I'd take him at United. Admittedly we have loads of cb's now but Phil Jones will be ok his way out soon, I reckon. 

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

How's Funes Mori? Haven't seen a lot of him but seems capable enough. 

He's a dirty bastard who thinks snapping someone and then pounding your chest and grabbing the badge as you get sent off is a smart move in a derby match and will help your team when in fact it does the complete opposite :shifty:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Totally forgot about Jagielka. I always expect him to be injured. How's Funes Mori? Haven't seen a lot of him but seems capable enough. You should be getting that Williams deal done even if it costs you £15m. I'd take him at United. Admittedly we have loads of cb's now but Phil Jones will be ok his way out soon, I reckon. 

Funes Mori was written off by all and sundry when he joined, but he was a bit of a revelation last season. Aside from his utterly ridiculous red card in the Merseyside Derby he had a great season, even scored some important goals. I like him a lot, but he's not the finished article yet.

I will be happy if we sign Williams, £12mil is about right for a player of his age but he's probably playing at the top of his game at the moment.

Williams would be a cracking signing for Everton. Especially for around 10-15 mil. Solid at the back and will pop up with the odd goal.