Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

I would like Ayew to stay or for the club to at least get £30 million for him but if he's unsettled at a club that he always saw as a stepping stone then so be it. He might just join the list of ex-Swansea players who completely lose their form as soon as they leave. Borja Baston (if he joins) and Llorente are good replacements up top and we're covered for wingers.

He was dropped from the team at the start of the year for bad form and Guidolin not being too keen on his defensive work. But he had a good run of form at the end of the season, even if he does try too much when going past people and can run it out of play. I imagine Llorente will love some of the crosses he puts in. Also Mo Barrow will be the winger to look out for this season, could even surpass Montero's highs.

Who is on this list?

53 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

so good you sold him? :P 

Which I think was a huge mistake, personally. Truth be told, I'd rather have Allen than Wijnaldum. By all accounts, Klopp wanted to keep Allen around, but he wanted more significant minutes, which is fair enough.

Lucas will stay as defensive cover, he played centre back a few times last season. With Sakho and Gomez both currently injured and Matip recovering from injury it only really leaves us with Klaven and Lovren fit atm. If we have enough cover towards the end of the transfer window I can see him moving. 

We won't buy any defensive midfielders either. There's only Lucas who is an out and out defensive midfielder, if we were looking for a new defensive midfielder we would have got one. 

It's a shame really as before the knee injury a few years ago Lucas was our most consistent player and one of the best defensive mids in the Prem at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Elsewhere, Celtic have confirmed the signing of Scott Sinclair from Aston Villa. 

You're getting a bit slow Linikles, he's already played and scored. :/

• Like 4