Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Now that it's happening for certain, I hope it's a minimum of a 3 or 4 year deal. No point in him signing on for 2 and then needing to re-negotiate next summer to persuade him to stay for longer, with the risk of him going for free (again) the following year.

Depends if the challenge was #Pogbad enough to warrant a red card otherwise it might get overturned on appeal

8 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I'm so glad we didn't see any of this shit when Drogba returned.

Your social media department is clearly lacking the crucial cringe skills needed

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Now that it's happening for certain, I hope it's a minimum of a 3 or 4 year deal. No point in him signing on for 2 and then needing to re-negotiate next summer to persuade him to stay for longer, with the risk of him going for free (again) the following year.

Someone remind me of this quote when Pogba signs a five year deal this week and then signs another new contract next summer.

54 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Someone remind me of this quote when Pogba signs a five year deal this week and then signs another new contract next summer.

Oh boy, I wonder how much that would anger and confuse Wayne Rooney? :o

At least £100,000 a week worth I reckon 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

Do 'big' signings ever get done on less than a three year contract? Unless they're around 30 or older or it's a free transfer or something I never hear of it being less, I'd expect a 4/5 year deal for a signing of this magnitude.