Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

• Admin

Ajax have signed Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on a season-long loan, according to reports in the Dutch media.

Sky Sources understand that Johnathan Woodgate has been appointed as a scout for Liverpool. The 36-year-old former Tottenham, Real Madrid and Newcastle centre-back was released by Middlesborough in May. Woodgate is set to scout players for Liverpool from Portugal and Spain.

• Like 1

• Admin

Talks have broken down between Tottenham and Marseille over winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, according to Sky sources. It is understood that the issue concerns the payment structure of the deal. There has been a stalemate over this deal, which have worsened by hierarchical changes at Marseille.

19 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

According to Sky Germany, Mustafi has agreed to join Arsenal, all that's left is the fee to be agreed.

Sky Sports also stating that we are close to putting in a bid for Wilfried Bony.

So in other words Mustafi won't join because Arsenal won't pay up?

I've seen Bony linked with Everton. If Lukaku was to go he'd be a solid replacement for them. 

Can't see him joining if Lukaku is still an Everton player. 

• Admin

Slaven Bilic has confirmed the signing of striker Jonathan Calleri on a season-long loan from Uruguayan side Deportivo Maldonado. The 22-year-old, who made his name at Boca Juniors and spent the past six months on loan at the Brazilian club São Paulo, was in the Argentina squad who were eliminated from the Rio Olympics on Wednesday after being held to a 1-1 draw against Honduras. Calleri’s economic rights were purchased by Maldonado - a second division side with average attendances of around 200 with links to the Stellar Group, Gareth Bale’s agents - at the start of 2016 and he was initially linked with a move to Internazionale before joining São Paulo. Sevilla and Barcelona also registered their interest in signing him this summer but is understood a personal deal between West Ham co-owner David Sullivan and Stellar owner Jonathan Barnett secured the deal for West Ham for a fee of around £4m.

FC Midtjylland have signed former Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart!

2 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I've seen Bony linked with Everton. If Lukaku was to go he'd be a solid replacement for them. 

Can't see him joining if Lukaku is still an Everton player. 

One of those that has been linked, but I'm not convinced he'd be a good signing. Not if he was replacing Lukaku anyway, he shouldn't be considered as a replacement just because he's also big and brawny. That good spell at Swansea feels like it was an awful long time ago now.

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

One of those that has been linked, but I'm not convinced he'd be a good signing. Not if he was replacing Lukaku anyway, he shouldn't be considered as a replacement just because he's also big and brawny. That good spell at Swansea feels like it was an awful long time ago now.

My way of thinking behind it wasn't to do with the style of players it was more down to Everton normally playing with 5 in midfield or 2 wingers pushed further forward. I can't recall 2 strikers playing much for Everton. 

I can't see Bony leaving City to go a club in which he wouldn't be starting regularly. He's a good striker I can't fault him for going to City but he was never gonna be starting regularly for them unless Aguero was injured. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

My way of thinking behind it wasn't to do with the style of players it was more down to Everton normally playing with 5 in midfield or 2 wingers pushed further forward. I can't recall 2 strikers playing much for Everton. 

I can't see Bony leaving City to go a club in which he wouldn't be starting regularly. He's a good striker I can't fault him for going to City but he was never gonna be starting regularly for them unless Aguero was injured. 

That's fair, I don't know what it'll be like with Koeman though. If Lukaku stays, I don't think Bony is a good complimentary option anyway. He's said today he wants 3/4 new signings, at least one a centre half, so I'm hoping that means Bolasie, Lamine Kone plus a goalkeeper and a striker. Somebody pacy to play off Lukaku would be ideal, but I've no idea who that could be or if we actually will hold on to Big Rom.

Ighalo has signed a new 5 year deal at Watford, I doubt many would have expected that when the summer began.

Whether he lives up to his form in the first half of last season this term remains to be seen mind. If he and Deeney can find the goals regularly again then they shouldn't be worried about relegation.

• Admin

Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Dorus de Vries is in Glasgow to undergo a medical ahead of a possible move to Celtic, according to Sky sources. The former Dunfermline and Wolves ‘keeper worked with Brendan Rodgers during his time at Swansea.

James Chester has completed his move to Aston Villa.

• Like 1