Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Newcastle have signed two players in one day, both permanent transfers and we're nowhere near deadline day.

Is this what supporting a proper football team feels like?

• Like 2

I wish Everton would hurry up and sign some players. Still need a keeper, a centre half, at least one striker, a midfielder and potentially replacements for Stones and Lukaku as well.

Come on Moshiri / Koeman / Walsh, step to it!

There's still time for signings to happen. Sometimes it's better waiting towards the back end of the window rather than the start. 

I still expect several players to leave. Markovic, Luis Alberto and Benteke being the three main outgoings. I think we need cover at left back but it looks like Milner might be playing there next season. Right back if Flanagan goes out on loan I wouldn't want Randall and Wisdom being backup to Clyne because they are both shite. 

Stekelenberg shared keeping duties with Forster last season - and both had 6 clean sheets (in 17 and 18 games respectively) and conceded 19 goals to Forster's 17. I'd definitely put Stekelenberg ahead of Joel (3 clean sheets, 20 conceded, in 13 games) and he's probably good enough to start for Everton.

9 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Stekelenberg shared keeping duties with Forster last season - and both had 6 clean sheets (in 17 and 18 games respectively) and conceded 19 goals to Forster's 17. I'd definitely put Stekelenberg ahead of Joel (3 clean sheets, 20 conceded, in 13 games) and he's probably good enough to start for Everton.

Good wiki skills.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he only played that much becaise Forster had a serious injury that kept him out from the start of the season until mid-season. I'm not convinced he's good enough to start in a team that wants to be in the top 4.

The messages coming out have been that there is plenty of money to spend, that last season wasn't close to good enough. Martinez came in and said he'd take the club back into the top 4, that is where the club wants to be. Whether it's likely or not, they're not attempting to assemble a team happy to finish 9th.

Also, if Stones or Lukaku are to leave then it's expected they need adequately replacing. We'll see what happens with it all anyway.

• Like 1

Tammy Abraham joins Bristol City on loan. It's his first time playing outside of Chelsea - and although he won't replicate the 74 goals in 98 games ratio he managed at the academy (or maybe he will :shifty:), hopefully it will go well for him.