Copa América Centenario

Lineker

79ef8910-e397-0131-6ced-0aa0f90d87b4.png

FUCK YEAH BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've never been that impressed with an American effort ... holy crap.  I'm not all that worried about Ecuador's last 10-15m of that match.  With BOTH guys being sent off (wtf a straight red for JJ ... wow) it really opened the field for them.  I fully expected that to happen with their speed.

I'd like to see this since, we'll have three guys out for the SEMIS:

Johnson - Dempsey - Zardes

Bradley - Nagbe - Beckerman

Ream - Brooks - Cameron - Yedlin

Guzan

13 hours ago, EddieG said:

Don't rule Venezuela out just ye, oh who am I kidding. :( 

I mean, hey, at this point there have been enough wacky upsets that I'm not 100% ruling it out.

• Like 1

sure, we're going to lose on Tuesday but at least we get to subtweet Mexico first
  • Like 4

I absolutely love USSoccer tossing that out there like that.  Absolute classic shit talking at it's best (and we've gotta strike when we got those opportunities).

HOLY FUCK MEXICO .... I mean wow.  Biggest difference between Brazil and Mexico's getting their ass handed to them?  Brazil still had pride and fought.  Mexico got it's soul ripped out and they quit.  When Germany got on their roll the Brazilian players were visibly HURT and frustrated.  They were dejected because they failed their fans. Mexico's players just wanted off the field and the fans left with 25m to go in the match.  Hell, the crowd all but deflated after the 2nd goal and barely came back alive to start the 2nd half.

Perfect summation of the differences between a top soccer nation and one that pretends to be.

Now we get our chance ... unfortunately Jones, Wood, and Bedoya will be out.  Sucks, but whatever .. it's all gravy here and we have nothing to lose.  I'd LOVE to see:

Dempsey Zardes

Johnson -  Bradley - Beckerman - Nagbe

Ream - Brooks - Cameron - Yedlin

Guzan

We would be just as fucked with Nagbe or Pulisic as we would with Wondo. I don't agree with starting him (would rather give one of those two the opportunity) but the reality is our pool is super, super shallow and we lost some of the biggest contributors to our success up to this point last Thursday.

That being said, I'd be happy with Wondo going off at the half and being replaced by Pulisic just to give him experience.

17 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

That being said, I'd be happy with Wondo going off at the half and being replaced by Pulisic just to give him experience.

I am happy about that! Not as happy about the goal! But whatever!

Making it to the semifinals was great, and odds were that we would never beat Argentina, but this performance has been a massive disappointment. Just woeful.

The good part though? It wasn't Mexico vs. Chile bad!