Copa América Centenario

Lineker

• Admin

Jürgen Klinsmann plays it safe with US Copa América roster after woeful 2015

USA squad for Copa América
Goalkeepers: 1-Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), 12-Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), 22-Ethan Horvath (Molde IK)

Defenders: 5-Matt Besler (Sporting KC), 3-Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), 6-John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), 20-Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), 21-Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), 23-Fabian Johnson (Borussia Moenchengladbach), 14-Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), 2-DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders/Forwards: 15-Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), 11-Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), 4-Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), 8-Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), 13-Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), 16-Perry Kitchen (Heart of Midlothian), 10-Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), 17-Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), 18-Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), 7-Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV), 20-Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), 19-Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)

Chandler (wtf why not Lichaj or Castillo) and Johnson being listed as a defender (HOLY SHIT HE'S OUR BEST LM/LW OPTION) ... Omar has been fantastic at Pachuca this year, and Ream has probably been the most consistent American defender the last two years ....

Really that's all I can speak out about.  Mix has been much better this year but I don't think he should be there over any of the mids that are listed.  Even with Jozy going down and Morris not getting the nod we got Pulisic so I'm good.

• Admin

Annoyingly, Premier Sports have been confirmed as the UK rights holders. I'm hoping that like last year, the BBC will have highlights online.

Elsewhere, it has been confirmed that goalline technology will be used in the tournament.

That's the kind of game that traps USMNT fans and baits the naysayers .... ugh.  It was freaking awesome to watch and fun as hell.  Of course, biggest news out of the night is the missing man Paraguay will have for the final match!

Hey @GoGo Yubari, were you planning on going to any of the games in Seattle? I didn't even realize Seattle was hosting some of the Copa America games until today.

Rondon just scored a ball that came off the cross bar.

Which was deflected by Muslera.

After a 59 yard shot from Guerra.

• Like 1

And it was wonderful.

Not only that, it practically sealed their qualification, and knocked Uruguay out of the tournament.

And in weirder news, Suarez seemed very upset that he didn't get subbed in, apparently not being aware, he was registered as ineligible due to injury before the match.

Pretty good first half. John Brooks breaking up that 3-on-1 was beautiful, as was Zardes making the Paraguay back line look like they were stuck in mud with that assist to Dempsey. Defense has had its moments though. I'm not expecting this to stay a 1-0 game. Paraguay is going to put one in at some point.