Chart Wars 3

FLiam

And does anyone else's game crash at the Grammy's? It just says "Now we will award the best album, however this year we won't" or something and Run Time Errors.

My game doesn't crash, but that'll come up sometimes for different categories. Males are nominated for female awards and vice-versa during award ceremonies as well, and solo artists are offered awards for group awards. Another absurdity about the game.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got reports of a lead singer or guitarist leaving a group, and they're still in the group?

I had that 'bug' with Cradle of Filth. Dani was kicked out, and replaced by the lead singer of Breaking Benjamin (wtf?), but Dani was still listed as being in the band.

I was hoping to sign Dani to a solo contract. :(

sorry to bump this, but does anyone actually make any money? I'm 50M in debt and going in deeper. I also started a game with Shady Aftermath and again, I'm in the hole 60M. does anyone have any tips?

It's really about strategy.

It costs you about 5 million or so to just DISTRIBUTE a new album through EMG, Sony, Universal or whoever you pick for a decent artist. Is your artist gonna make this back?

People go bankrupt a lot I find because they release 5 albums right after each other. Release a CD, release 4-5 singles and THEN begin work on another CD.

I'm in like, $120 Million dollar debt, and I kept Keane, Eminem, Limpbizkit & The Yeah Yeah Yeahs touring alot, and I eventually made it back down to like, $32 Million dollars in debt.

Meh.

EDIT: I heard it was impossible to go bankrupt, you just keep putting on the money and the debt builds.

Edited by Tristof Kitler

Guest Locutus of Borg

v. 1.0.10 has been released. List of bug fixes/additions:

* The cheat band 'Elvis Presley' can now be unclocked correctly

* There are now a number of new US venues (courtesy of Jonathan Sanders as well as some new Northern Irish venues)

* Richard Ashcroft, The Sugababes and The Manic Street Preachers have all been added to the game database

* Studio fees have been altered to ensure the fee can never be negative

* Fixed a rare bug in which when attempting to calculate the accomodation costs for support acts on a tour a RTE6 could occur

* Fixed a bug in which it was possible to release a disc in new territories even if the disc wasn't produced by your label!

* Fixed a bug in which it was possible to autobook two tours with gigs on the same days (allowing a band to play multiple gigs on the same night)

* Fixed a bug by which clicking on the band list for a label with no bands signed would cause the game to crash

* Added code to the editor to ensure that a disc cannot be added to the database with no song specified as track 1, also added an error message to explain why the disc can't be added

* Changed label 'Oceanian Reputation' to 'Oceanic Reputation' on band and artist detail screens

* Added support for .bmp images for bands, artists, discs and staff in the editor

* Fixed a bug in which the game would crash if an artist not currently belonging to a band won an award

* Fixed a rare bug in which if a computer label can't find the perfect date to release a disc it will loop forever looking for one

* Fixed a rare bug in which the game could crash when generating a festival roundup

* Fixed a bug in which cancelling a single partway through recording it would cause the disc to be partly created, leading to errors

* Fixed a bug whereby it was possible to hire/fire staff for other labels

* Fixed a bug in which you could half-create a tour (leading to errors) by booking some dates then exiting via the sidebar

* Labels now receive money correctly when their studios, manufacturing plants and distribution firms are used by other labels

* Added code to ensure that if a label has a distribution firm large enough to distribute a disc by one of their bands then this is the one chosen by default

* Changed some of the code for choosing nominations for awards, hopfully addressing some of the problems experienced with male artists winning awards for only female artists etc

* GRAMMY awards are now no longer only given out in 2005

* Sponsors are now sorted in descending order of their offer in the Choose Tour Provisions screen by default

* Player is now listed as the head of the correct label in staff details instead of 'Head of Curb Records'

* Added code to ensure that if the 'Months Remaining on Intitial Option' reaches 0 then the contract is terminated (and the label sued for breach of contract.)