WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

They could do a Lesnar showcase without Angle, but I'm glad they aren't halfassing and forcing it. 

The Austin showcase was very very good, and I liked the HHH/HBK and Warrior ones in 2k15, but there's been a lot of junk too. 2011 Smackdown wasn't that good. I hope they save them for when they can do really good, meaty and complete stories. WM19 was the biggest moment in Lesnar's first run, and it'd be disappointing if it was skipped.

In addition to Angle and the Hardys, RVD himself might currently be blacklisted.  Seemingly the only people they didn't port over from 2k15 to 2k16 were people on bad terms with the company (Punk, Rey, Del Rio at the time) and RVD was among them.  He had been really critical of the company in interviews not long after his most recent run finished and that probably rubbed them the wrong way.

So that's Lesnar's KOTR win gone along with his first feud (Hardyz) and all of the Angle stuff.  There's also his clean win against Hogan leading into the SummerSlam 2002 title match, and his match with CM Punk after his return.  I don't blame them for not doing a Lesnar showcase.

Speaking of porting, people like Billy Gunn, Larry Zbyszko, and Los Matadores being in the game would suggest that that's what they're doing again.  And they should.  If they have the space available to just keep porting over the same roster and adding new people like Sasha, Charlotte, Strowman, NXTers, etc. without actually needing to remove anybody from the last game it makes perfect sense to continue doing it.

• Like 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/15/wwe-2k17-the-6-biggest-changes-so-far

When a member of a mutli-person match takes a big burst of damage, they will be forced to roll out to ringside, where they’ll rest for a while. Depending on how badly hurt they are, they’ll be stuck there until they’ve at least partially recovered. At that point, you have a choice: do I run back in or do I rest until I’m fully recovered? Coming in early might be the choice if a pinfall is about to be scored, or if you see a perfect opportunity, but coming in fully rested gives you a temporary buff to run wild with.

Major reversals were a new addition last year, but you seldom saw them because of how narrow their timing window was. This year, the timing is a bit more forgiving, and it does a lot more for you when you land one. In addition to getting as bit of an offensive boost like before, a successful Major Reversal locks out your opponent’s ability to perform reversals of their own.

This is a particularly big deal for creating an opportunity to get a clutch finishing move off without fear of having it turned around on you. More than even last year, I really found myself holding onto a couple of reversals while taking a beating, choosing to wait for a Major Reversal opportunity to really turn things around.

and most importantly...

As for the submission system, it’s been tuned so that your rotating “pie wedges” aren’t so slippery. It definitely feels like you have more control in submission situations as a result. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Has Daniel Bryan been announced for the game this year? Was he even in last year? Just wondered what they've done with him since he's not really been active in over a year now.

Bryan was included in the first two weeks of roster announcements. He will be included in the game as a playable character much like other former wrestlers, but I doubt that he will play a role in Career mode outside of SmackDown GM.

This week's roster reveal:

• AJ Styles
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Alundra Blayze
  • Arn Anderson
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Becky Lynch
  • Bo Dallas
  • Bubba Ray Dudley
  • Bushwhacker Butch
  • Bushwhacker Luke
  • Christian
  • Curtis Axel
  • Dana Brooke
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • D-Von Dudley
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • Fandango
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Lita
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Naomi
  • Natalya
  • Neville
  • Randy Savage
  • Rick Rude
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Stardust
  • Sting
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina
  • Tatsumi Fujinami
  • Trish Stratus
  • Tyler Breeze
  • Xavier Woods
  • Like 1

Actually, just found this on IGN.  Supposedly in the first batch of roster reveals the pictures had file names like "001 Aiden English" right down to "124 Viktor" and people speculated that the numbers correlated to where they were alphabetically on the roster.  The file names were changed up during the last two reveals but somebody put this together and so far everybody who has been revealed since has fit in numerically with the first batch:

numbers.png

Could just be a coincidence of course but I think it makes sense.  If the numbers do correlate it would seem that Haku is ruled out for a return.  Also Kevin Nash is strangely the only 2015 HOF member they didn't carry over from last year, unless they remodeled him into Diesel of course.  No Mankind or Mick Foley is relatively surprising as well, suppose they could just throw in Dude Love on his own but that would be weird.

Overall though, I'm not really fussed about what legends miss the cut.  That list has the entire current roster plus just about everybody I'd want from NXT.  If they do a "NXT DLC" pack I could see Aries and Dillinger being added in to go along with Jax, Nakamura, and Crews.

alexa-blissjpg-1d805b.jpg

It wouldn't be a WWE game without cold, dead, soulless eyes and and the hair model glitching through the body model.

• Like 4

It always sounds like they're combining clips of Lillian saying a tag team's name. Like they had her in the booth and made her say "Kofi Kingston", "Big E", "Xavier Woods", "The New Day" and then just cut it all together and it sounds awkward as fuck. Why not just have her say the whole spiel in one take? "Accompanied by Xavier Woods, the tag team of Big E and Kofi Kingston, The New Day" or something instead of just what sounds like cutting it all together.

• Like 1