WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

I now this is nitpicking but they never get the look of the WCW ring right. I don't think WCW used real rope for the ring ropes. I think they used steel cables in rubber hoses. And the turnbuckle pads don't look right either. I hope you can turn off the 90s WWE logo as well as the Twitter handle.

As for Goldberg, he looks weird. The entrance is acurate. They got his mannerisms right and it's a nice touch that they show him coming out of the looker room with a police officer but it all feels so lifeless.

If I remember correctly, you could turn off the Twitter handle on created arenas when you set the atmosphere/era to Attitude Era or whatever the 80's was called.

The police officers look really lifeless and generic, but I'm not overly fussed about that. The rest of the entrance looks pretty good. But it has definitely confirmed to me that the first thing I'm doing is turning commentary off.

They left out where Goldberg inhales the smoke from the pyro and exhales it.  0/10, will not preorder

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TCO said:

That video is another example of the woeful commentating and announcing. It'd be better if they copied and pasted in sound bytes from real broadcasts! 

For serious. How hard is it to put them in a room and say "do it like you do live?"

23 minutes ago, Nerf said:

For serious. How hard is it to put them in a room and say "do it like you do live?"

So you want commentary that has nothing to do with the match your playing?

• Like 2

The only thing that aggravates since the WWE's move to 2K is the announcing. NBA 2K16 has some pretty decent announcing & you rarely hear the same thing/get a line of speech that sounds generic. Why isn't this possible for a wrestling game? I'm not trying to bash the process, I'm really asking. 

Edited by Lj.

2 hours ago, Lint said:

So you want commentary that has nothing to do with the match your playing?

We're really beyond "This superstar has really been focused on winning as of late" in this generation. They have the license and access to everything WWE, it's not acceptable for a full price title to feature shit like that. Almost every other sports title manages to do it near flawlessly.

The only time it begins to get generic in FIFA is when you're playing with two tiny teams and even then it's almost seamless. It almost sounds like they recorded Lillian Garcia syllable by syllable in an echo chamber and pasted it all together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TCO said:

We're really beyond "This superstar has really been focused on winning as of late" in this generation. They have the license and access to everything WWE, it's not acceptable for a full price title to feature shit like that. Almost every other sports title manages to do it near flawlessly.

The only time it begins to get generic in FIFA is when you're playing with two tiny teams and even then it's almost seamless. It almost sounds like they recorded Lillian Garcia syllable by syllable in an echo chamber and pasted it all together.

This is exactly right. If I'm playing a career in League Two as Donny Rovers up against Barnet, the commentary will still feel realistic and not ridiculous. Every single sound byte I've heard for this game so far has been atrocious, it really has. I'd rather they have fake commentators if at least then they'd have time to put together something that sounds good. Lilian Garcia, Michael Cole, JBL and King phoning in every generic, stupid line is just awful and it truly does put me off buying the game.

Yeah, but that's hilarious. And it was 15 years ago, so in a decade and a half the commentary has barely got any less disjointed.

Actually, I think that video is marvellous. Would they even have the ingenuity to have a commentator now constantly praise himself indirectly if you had selected him for a match like that? Brilliant.

• Like 2

• Admin

New screenshots up confirming Asuka, Bayley, and most importantly for @9 to 5, the Road Dogg!

Full list of this week's reveals:

• Asuka
  • Bayley
  • Big Boss Man
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Cactus Jack
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Diesel
  • Dude Love
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Goldust
  • Jack Swagger
  • John Cena
  • Kane
  • Kevin Owens
  • Lex Luger
  • Luke Harper
  • Mankind
  • Road Dogg Jesse James
  • Roman Reigns
  • Seth Rollins
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • Undertaker
  • Vader
  • Wesley Blake
  • Like 2

Glad Road Dogg made it in, it would have been pretty daft to have Billy Gunn in by himself again.

The final batch of reveals:

• Asuka
  • Bayley
  • Big Boss Man
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Cactus Jack
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Diesel
  • Dude Love
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Goldust
  • Jack Swagger
  • John Cena
  • Kane
  • Kevin Owens
  • Lex Luger
  • Luke Harper
  • Mankind
  • Road Dogg Jesse James
  • Roman Reigns
  • Seth Rollins
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • Undertaker
  • Vader
  • Wesley Blake

The numbers theory got debunked at the very end, but only barely.  There weren't enough room for all 3 Faces of Foley on the list.

Among the notables not returning from last year are Batista, Haku, Ken Shamrock, and Roddy Piper.  You also have to assume that Adam Rose, Cameron, Damien Sandow, King Barrett, and Ryback were all in the game but were removed after getting released at WWE's request.  Interesting that Stardust was the only 2016 release to survive the cut.

Supposedly the modern version of Regal wasn't announced for the last few games either but he always wound up being playable because he's in the game for My Career.  Maybe he and the McMahons will be playable after all as I'd have to imagine they'll all play a part in Career.

Piper is definitely the weirdest omission.  I'm thinking there may be some issues with his estate about using his likeness.  All of the other DLC from last year was ported over with the exception of Dustin Rhodes and Stevie Ray who I don't think most would be fussed about.  Piper on the other hand is a big name.

But I'm a main roster guy anyway so they hit it out of the park by getting just about everybody.  I'm thinking Gallows, Anderson, and Aries will be the biggest names in DLC with Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger being possible throw-ins.  Ciampa and Gargano would be awesome too but they only just went full-time with NXT in July so they'll probably need to wait until next year.