WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

If I get the game (which is still very much up to debate) probably spend the $14 combined for the Future Stars and NXT packs.  That'll mean I have virtually the entire current roster at my disposal.

The legends are cool and all of that but I've always been a current roster guy.  Even going back to HCTP and the first few SVR games, I would have always preferred the entire current roster at the expense of legends.

• Like 2

I think it comes down to an age thing mostly. I just love wrestling and playing these games, but I'm now one of the older people still doing so. While I'd personally have gotten the game no matter what, I'm not at all as bothered about not being able to play as Nakamura as much as I'm legitimately excited to play as Michael Hayes, Tatanka and Papa Shango. I see both sides of the coin, but everyone's different. 

Yeah.  I mean, I'm sure I'm in the minority with my preferences.  Especially back in the days when they had a strict roster count you knew that main roster mainstays like Jamie Noble, Funaki, and Nunzio weren't actually going to make it into the game because the average fan would have preferred to have guys like Hogan, Rock, and Austin each year as Legends.

The good thing is that the space for wrestlers is so big now it gives them a chance to appeal to pretty much everybody. 

My biggest pet peeve with any sports/sports adjacent game is about keeping the rosters up to date. I want Nunzio on the roster because by god, I might wanna play as Nunzio one day and if I have to use someone's shitty CAW of him I'm not gonna like it. <_<

• Like 5

Id be down for a WWE Universe game. ike a base game, really simple... maybe a showcase or two... or an old-style career mode (HCTP style or KYR even), the typucal Universe Mode and NXT Mode. Up to date current roster with a few legends... and then just periodic updated DLC packs, rather than an entire new game. Add some new matches, old school arenas, new showcases, legends, new superstars, independents that sign over the rights, even celebrities like Arnold and whoever, etc., plus updated attires (not new character models... unless its something like Undertaker vs American Bad Ass which were totally different characters with seperate movesets)

Thatd be the ideal, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Wait they'v gotten to the point now where they're charging extra for downloadable moves as well as charging $30 for additional wrestlers?

Lol it's a yearly game with almost no replayablity. I think I'll pass again, the franchise is toxic.

• Like 2

I haven't bought one since getting the last Smackdown vs. Raw and was given 2K15 for free and never played it more than a handful of times.

The franchise is a disgrace. Graphics are terrible, the audio is worse and there hasn't been zero innovation of the game for a long time. It should have been nuked after THQ were done and started completely afresh. Instead they built upon a broken dated game and just added more DLC to milk people on a yearly basis.

• Like 1

Shrug.

I've played them all at least for a period of time and since 2K took over things absolutely changed big time - with the first year being a sort of a dud and last year being a decent sized leap as far as I'm concerned. I don't really get the ragging on the graphics considering it's one of the things that the game is lauded for over most everything else. Audio qualms I get especially when it has to do with entrances and stuff like that... still waiting for a wrestling game to get that right.

Truth of the matter is - if they nuked it and started all over they would just end up with something similar. I mean, they have rebuilt models and the structure of the way things are done in the game and it resembles (in part at least) what it did before. Truth of the matter is that people want their sports (sports-entertainment?) games to lean towards simulation. Arcadey styled gameplay that I adored where you could sit down and play with friends on a couch is gone and long dead.

I think the game looks like it's going to be fun this year. If they've been working on issues with Universe, and the Career mode has been given a significant upgrade, it will be completely worth while. I definitely get more than $80 worth of value out of these games, but if someone else doesn't, that's completely fine.

I'd like for them to do more, and I would like to see heavy improvements in certain aspects that seem to get ignored because people buy the game anyways... but again, I get my money's worth, so why wouldn't I be jazzed to pick this up and play it? Do I get disappointed when certain things don't work or aren't there? Yeah... but again, if I get $80 worth of entertainment out of it, I can't consider it a failure... especially when a night out at the theatre costs me half of that price for 1.5 to 2 hours of aggravation while I try to watch a movie that other people paid to come and talk during.

a DILG.

Demon I'd Like To Ghostbust.

EDIT: And here's where it's from, 2K's Universe Mode preview. https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k17-universe-mode

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingElleofDOD/videos

Playlist with all women's entrances.

Enzo and Carmella both lazily talk in their entrance, so much for trying to make this game as accurate to TV as possible. So utterly lazy. 

Speaking of lazy, during Dana Brooke's entrance, Michael Cole says "this six man tag team match". I mean, really? Is it that difficult to have a little attention to detail?

20 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingElleofDOD/videos

Playlist with all women's entrances.

Enzo and Carmella both lazily talk in their entrance, so much for trying to make this game as accurate to TV as possible. So utterly lazy. 

Speaking of lazy, during Dana Brooke's entrance, Michael Cole says "this six man tag team match". I mean, really? Is it that difficult to have a little attention to detail?

See, I could look past repetitive gameplay in a WWE game if the presentation of the thing was on point, but it's always shit. Every single year.