WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

2 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Well that sucks. I'm not paying extra for something that's on disc when it's released. 

It's not on disc. It's a download code for an item that wasn't ready when the disc was manufactured. You input your code, and it allows you to download Nakamura.

Even the NXT Edition will only come with a code. It's not like they have separate discs for each version, or that they just lock the character behind a paywall on the regular editions and have him unlocked on NXT Editions. It's literally just a code for an item that wasn't available to be put on the disc by the time of the original manufacturing. This isn't Destiny.

Seems like a copout to me. Always does. Sure it is going to be a separate download rather than being on the disc, but much like most of the announced DLC there doesn't seem to be a reason why it couldn't already be included other than they feel they can get more money for it separately. No different from every other year. It's a shame really because I'd gladly pay for a roster update every so often if the game itself had longevity. 

I guess that's the thing with this sort of game though. There is no incentive to keep playing after the new one come out. I understand that perfectly fine without pretending it is somehow for my benefit though. GTA 5 has managed to maintain players for years off the back of free DLC, albeit they obviously have a revenue stream from in game money.

17 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

It's not on disc. It's a download code for an item that wasn't ready when the disc was manufactured. You input your code, and it allows you to download Nakamura.

Even the NXT Edition will only come with a code. It's not like they have separate discs for each version, or that they just lock the character behind a paywall on the regular editions and have him unlocked on NXT Editions. It's literally just a code for an item that wasn't available to be put on the disc by the time of the original manufacturing. This isn't Destiny.

lol

I have no problem with day 1 DLC. But c'mon. They announced the NXT edition 3 months in advance. It's their prerogative to hold back content for a special edition, and it's the customers choice to pay up or not. But to pretend they just couldn't get Nakamura on the standard edition disc is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen defending this series, and there's been a lot of stupid fucking things said defending this series over the years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Regardless, it's shitty to charge people an extra thirty or fourty quid for certain wrestlers on release. It's one that's put me off buying the game and the WWE games, much like FIFA are a yearly day one purchase/preorder for me but I'm not going to fork out extra for something that is there on the opening day. 

I will say the same thing I always say in regards to DLC and disc based content... vote with your wallet.

That doesn't mean you can't play the game at all, but don't buy it brand new if you don't support what's been included or excluded from the game. Buy it used from a re-seller or a buddy... or wait until it's half price or less and buy it. If you don't want the Developers/Publishers to think that it's okay to do what you don't like, then make sure that they don't get your money.

The NXT version also comes with a piece of the ringmat of NXT Brooklyn signed by Finn Balor and a small statue of Finn. I could be remembering that wrong. 

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/wwe-2k17-nxt-edition/132715

I was close 

Edited by edcq1987

According to the German website Wrestlinggames.de who puts an article on WWE.com that seems to have been taken down as a source the entire DLC plan for WWE 2K17 looks like this:

• Future Stars: Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley & Tye Dillinger (8,99$)
  • Legends: Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Sycho Sid & Tatanka (8,99$)
  • NXT Enhancement: Apollo Crews, Nia Jax, Shinsuke Nakamura (9,99$ (Xbox One & PS4) / 4,99$ (Xbox 360 & PS3))

There will also be a Showcase corresponding this year's Hall Of Fame Class:

• Cactus Jack & Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
  • The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts & Michael “P.S.” Hayes) vs. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
  • Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
  • Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
  • Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
  • Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
  • Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

There will also be an additional move pack including Charlotte's Swingout Neckbreaker, Zack Ryder's Elbro Drop, Samoa Joe's Face Wash Combo as well as TJ Perkin's TJP Clutch sold for 3,99$.

As always there is the accelerator which lets you unlock everything right from the getgo for 4,99$ and MyPlayer Kickstart (I think that gives you a stat-boost for MyCareer) for 9,99$.

The Season Pass includes the "Future Stars" and "Legends" pack, the "Hall Of Fame" showcase, the move pack and the accelarator for 29,99$. No NXT pack.

I'm gonna skip this again.

Edited by Hellraiser

3 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  • Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

I'm astonished that WWE wants us to remember that this match ever took place, let alone allowing it to undermine the meaning of the word 'showcase'. :shifty: 

• Like 1

You kinda have to wonder what the reaction would be if NBA2K17 had last year's rosters and charged an extra $29.99 to get the full component of this year's rookies (I.e. NXT), updated teams based on trades and free agency (i.e. new main roster changes).

I'm guessing it wouldn't be well received.

• Like 3

As frustrating as that NXT pack being separate is, it makes sense (in a way) with them offering it in such a way. They are effectively saying that, if you didn't do the special NXT pre-order, you may add on those guys for cost X, outside of the 'standard' DLC. The Season Pass is covering everything else, or 'everything that is considered standard DLC'.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2016 at 23:12, Buschy Wonka said:

Become a Paul Heyman Guy?  So I can be like Curtis Axel or Ryback or Cesaro and flounder in the midcard for years?  Sign me up!!!  :D

I'm up for this if you can spin off your character into being part of the formation of a social outcasts-like group.

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)

I am irrationally excited for this.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

You kinda have to wonder what the reaction would be if NBA2K17 had last year's rosters and charged an extra $29.99 to get the full component of this year's rookies (I.e. NXT), updated teams based on trades and free agency (i.e. new main roster changes).

I'm guessing it wouldn't be well received.

NBA 2K17: If you want LeBron, Durant and Steph, that'll be extra.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

The annual roster reveals are boring as fuck, too, for the most part. New superstars in the base game? Fine, but I don't need to be told that 7 John Cena's are. It'd be like EA doing a Madden team reveal, telling us one by one, which NFL teams are in the game this year.

"Who will be revealed today?"

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!

FEATURING RGIII, HUE JACKSON AND THEIR ACTUAL BROWN UNIFORMS!