WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

I'm still excited for it. I'm glad they revamped the ladder match to make it more difficult as I feel those matches were so easy to win that you couldn't have a challenging one. A lot of the stuff that's been criticized are things that don't bother me all that much like the terrible commentary which I don't listen to and some of the character models not looking as good as others (which is distracting during entrances but don't really pay attention to during gameplay.

I'm really excited as I am every year for the updated roster, the new moves and the little improvements to the gameplay and matches so it becomes more challenging and engaging. I really feel like 2k16 really nailed playing strategically when it came to having a limited number of reversals as I had some of the most fun matches with my friends and AI so if 2k17 is just a touch up then I'm perfectly happy with that.

• Like 1

I found the difficulty swing with ladder matches absurd in past games. One on one they're way too easy, triple threat/four way/Money in the Bank suddenly they're impossible to win and you're playing the same match for what feels like hours.

On the subject of entrances, is there a reason they don't just use audio taken from a live show for things like Enzo/New Day/Carmella etc for the talking in their entrances? Like I dunno how they listen to that back when they put it together and think "Yeah, that sounds fine." I mean Carmella sounds like she was just woken up five minutes before recording it. Cass for his part seems actually okay, but Enzo and Carmella it's just like christ, look alive will you.

Also,

It feels like they put a load of work in to Nakamura, he's the only guy I've seen in these matches so far who feels unique rather than having generic shared moves, like his moves all seem to be performed specifically for his moveset and not just standard inverted exploder suplex. Even down to the way he gets out of the ring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

I found the difficulty swing with ladder matches absurd in past games. One on one they're way too easy, triple threat/four way/Money in the Bank suddenly they're impossible to win and you're playing the same match for what feels like hours.

On the subject of entrances, is there a reason they don't just use audio taken from a live show for things like Enzo/New Day/Carmella etc for the talking in their entrances? Like I dunno how they listen to that back when they put it together and think "Yeah, that sounds fine." I mean Carmella sounds like she was just woken up five minutes before recording it. Cass for his part seems actually okay, but Enzo and Carmella it's just like christ, look alive will you.

No idea cause they did it for the NAO and it sounded great but apparently that was just done for them.

21 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Also,

It feels like they put a load of work in to Nakamura, he's the only guy I've seen in these matches so far who feels unique rather than having generic shared moves, like his moves all seem to be performed specifically for his moveset and not just standard inverted exploder suplex. Even down to the way he gets out of the ring.

I know I made a joke earlier about the VHS thing, but that does look pretty cool, the gameplay there. The commentary is awful but it's almost like  you expect that now, but there were a few times where Cole actually sounded like he gave a shit. Lawler sucks, but that's almost accurate with how fucking bored he sounded toward the end of his run as a commentator. 

Was 16 pretty good? It's pretty cheap these days and I might want to pick it up to have some variety on my PS4. 

Interested as always to see if they've made any online changes. Last years was somehow still terrible when it came to online match making and online in general, don't understand how they can't get something so simple, right. Is it that hard to let us have lobbies online like we did prior to 2K taking over?

3 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Have they said how many CAW slots there are? I remember 14 had 100 but 15 cut it right down

16 had 100, and 17 should have the same.

I am not sure if updating attires will still take up a CAW slot though. That is something I haven't read about yet.

I saw the full release game trailer for this yesterday and it just looked shit. Like, worse than any video game tends to in an advert, even when they've glossed it up.

I really thought 2k would make this series good again but it just seems to been flushed down the toilet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I saw the full release game trailer for this yesterday and it just looked shit. Like, worse than any video game tends to in an advert, even when they've glossed it up.

I really thought 2k would make this series good again but it just seems to been flushed down the toilet.

I think they have, to be honest. The graphics seem a little outdated for the time, but I enjoy them nonetheless, and I've enjoyed the last couple games more than I did with the last THQ games.

With my "no risk" leeway due to the return policy I get at EB Games I decided to grab this and try it out. From reviews it seems that they've gone the extra mile for customizability and I'm going to see if I can get into Universe mode heavily this year. I like the idea of being able to splice together theme musics instantly or instantly switch up attires, etc - so I'm going to play around with that tonight and see how I enjoy it.

And yeah - 2K has absolutely improved the game from where it was, I can't doubt that for a moment. The growing pains while they find the right balance between realism and what is actually fun gameplay wise sucks for sure but I like the improvements this year in terms of a redone/toggable submission system, making tag matches actually finishable from a gameplay standpoint, ladder matches less wonky, etc.

• Like 3

Wow, any match with six wrestlers is absolutely laggy as fuck.

Game almost feels like it's gone backwards to me.

Even with five it plays in slow motion. Game doesn't feel as though it's been finished. Woeful. 

They need to take a year out and just build it from scratch. Just a shame that they won't. 

£39.99 on Amazon which includes the Goldberg pre-order apparently. Cheaper than the Xbox store so i figures I'd buy my first physical game for Xbox One. I'll probably get the season pass later in the year when's the first DLC is available.

I've always enjoyed the games even though I know they aren't perfect.