WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

There are very few games I'd pay £80 for. The most I ever pay for FIFA is £55, and that's if I'm interested in UT that particular year. Considering how much playtime I've had out of GTA and Rocket League, and the quality of Uncharted, they seem more justified than putting down £80 for a game in a series I haven't touched since 2k12. And the thing is, if Nakamura was announced as part of the standard £40 game, I'd be straight on it.

I jokingly said about Apsham coming in and defending it, but I the €100/£80 edition does have quite a lot of extra stuff that a collector might like. The signed stuff, the mat from NXT London, the Finn figurine etc. It certainly has more than the Uncharted special edition which was over £100 and had a Drake figurine and not much else.

I think the sour part of this price is the exclusive NXT superstars. I would love to play as Nakamura but the other stuff doesn't interest me as I don't collect things, so BECAUSE I don't want to pay £80, I'm punished. 

Yeah the added physical items to this are actually pretty cool and it's probably worth it. I wouldn't spend that much money on WWE game but I may be willing to pay the normal price if I could play as Nakamura, but seeing as I can't I'll probably leave it off for a 5th consecutive year. 

But yeah, stuff like this being sold for €99.99?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/ea-sports-fifa-17-super-deluxe-edition-pre-order/cid=EP0006-CUSA03214_00-FIFA17PREORSUPEU?emcid=EAFranchise2017

Fuck right off. I can get the console itself for €321 off Amazon and you're charging 31% of that for software that's essentially obsolete in a year?

Edited by TCO

On 16/07/2016 at 19:25, Baddar said:

*waits for Apsham to come in and defend the decision*

LOL

Yeah, no.

I've defended credible decisions that make sense in the past - temporary exclusivity? I could've seen that at the very least but the case of 'you can only get this if you buy this certain edition' is pretty out there and something that I figured we were past after issues were raised before about practices like that.

DLC in general is fine. It's not some undefendable aspect of the gaming industry. People always bring up DLC season passes.. which absolutely are terrible, and especially if you look at in with the idea that you have to get it to fully enjoy the game. That's certainly the way that they want you to feel but in the grand scheme of things, season passes generally save you a handful of dollars and only so if you were going to get every single last piece of DLC. If you wait for it to come out, see if it's for you and then go ahead and purchase it I don't see anything wrong with throwing some extra dollars at something that you've already got a plethora of hours out of - Fallout 4, Destiny, Witcher 3 etc. - these are great example of stuff that is worth the money, and it can safely be said that the money that the companies ask for the extra content is totally worth it.

• Like 1

I remember the Season Mode on WWF Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth beginning with the WWE Draft, during which you would control the picks from one brand, while the computer chose the other brand's picks. It was gimmicky and you could shuffle things around afterwards anyway, but I have to say that I'd like to see something like that in this game. Unfortunately, the annualised nature of these games probably means that Universe and Career Mode aren't both likely to receive significant upgrades, but putting a Draft in one of the modes would be a nice touch that would work as an initial hook for me.

I'm just tired of DLC as a whole.  I ended up buying all of the 2k15 DLC only to pretty much never play the game after that.

Surely Nakamura, Crews, and Jax will end up being sold as regular DLC sometime in 2017 after they're done selling collector's editions...but I still highly doubt I'll get this.  2k16 was the old the second game in the entire series that I didn't eventually cave and buy, the last one before that being SvR 2008 I believe.  Tough to see myself dropping $60 on this.

The prospect of extra in-game wrestlers would never be enough to entice me into a purchase anyway. I won't make any decisions until more information about the game modes is revealed, and, even then, I would have to wait and see what people were saying about the game post-release before picking it up.

20 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

You'd like to think they could put the new RAW / Smackdown graphics in at least, or on DLC. But it's unlikely.

If they do it as DLC, they'll charge you $20-30 for the Brand Split DLC Pack!

• Like 1

With yesterday's announcement of the McMahon family being included, it wouldn't surprise me if they include the draft in some form. Even if it's just your starting point for career and universe, with the draft taking place right at the beginning and being somewhat randomized.

The roster split will be in in that all the superstars will be put on their respective brands, but they won't have the new Raw or SmackDown sets, nor will they have the Universal Championship, I imagine.

On 28/07/2016 at 03:22, Gabriel said:

With yesterday's announcement of the McMahon family being included, it wouldn't surprise me if they include the draft in some form. Even if it's just your starting point for career and universe, with the draft taking place right at the beginning and being somewhat randomized.

One can hope, I've pulled SYM out from the archives because of the draft.

It has it's charm even if it's missing the TKO :crying: