UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Lineker

I'll laugh if United lose but ideally I'd rather them get to the final and then lose. 

Can't see Celta Vigo winning tonight tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I'll laugh if United lose but ideally I'd rather them get to the final and then lose. 

So you want us to lose in the final knowing it'd make the 2nd half of my time abroad shit? Harsh. :(

Just now, Baddar said:

So you want us to lose in the final knowing it'd make the 2nd half of my time abroad shit? Harsh. :(

Only for the bantz :(

• Like 1

I didn't give Sevilla a prayer either at half time. It was so one sided from what I can remember and could have been more than 1-0. The Sturridge worldy won't be remembered as fondly now.

I just know that if we do get past Celta, we can't underestimate Ajax/Lyon at all. 

It would be.

I mean, getting top 4 to get CL football is a bonus (although 4th has to play a qualifier which isn't always straight forward), but I do agree with Mourinho that finishing 4th isn't something to be proud of. You want to win the league, not settle for 4th. If we finish 6th and don't win the Europa, that'd be depressing as fuck.

But, I still wouldn't be calling for Jose's head, simply because I don't fancy another year of a new manager settling in and ultimately failing anyway. I'd rather he was given another season to see if we can improve in all areas.

6th place and Europa/CoC wins would be satisfactory. 

We should have killed the game in the first half. Didn't help the ref didn't give us a blatant penalty either like...

They just completely dominated us in the second half. There was a 15/20 minute spell that they were unplayable. That and Moreno being a useless nobhead. Better team won but it could have been a completely different game if we were given the pen. 

Also I'd agree with it being a awful season if you don't win the Europa League.  The strength of the competition this season compared to last, it's like night and day.  You've had a straight forward route to the final compared to what we had last season.  

United have been shit this year though. They brought in Mourinho, broke the transfer record and played shite football. All they have to show for it is the worst ever long undefeated streak, 6th place, League Cup and a Europa League run. That's just not good enough for Man United or any club spending the amount of money they do. 

• Like 1

I don't think we've played shite football though. 

In the vast majority of home games, we've played well but our players have failed to convert - take the Burnley game for example where we had something like 35 shots. The Bournemouth game was poor, and we were shit against Swansea, but I can't put my finger on another terrible performance at home - Everton at a stretch, maybe.

It would have been nice to do better and compete more in the "big" games, but I've generally been happy with the way we've played. I've accepted that Mourinho is the type of manager who's happy to draw big games because if you win against sides you're expected to beat, you'd be set.

I am looking forward to next season, perhaps a bit too optimistically, but fuck it, I'd rather have this kind of attitude than some of the people in the fb comments I read where they think we should be winning everything, every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

We've livened up since the goal. Someone needs to wake Blind up, mind.

I cant decide if that was a really good, agricultural tackle or if it was verging on the dangerous.