UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Lineker

Absolute farce that minutes silence / applause.  Seems like it wasn't known whether it was going to be one or another. Quite audible noise during the silence as well. 

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Absolute farce that minutes silence / applause.  Seems like it wasn't known whether it was going to be one or another. Quite audible noise during the silence as well. 

I nipped out for a snout and missed it. But that little hype video with the poet person was nice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

I nipped out for a snout and missed it. But that little hype video with the poet person was nice. 

That was lovely.  The actual silence/applause in the ground though pissed me off. When they started the silence you could just hear shushing and people shouting and chanting.  Pay your respects ffs it's not hard to stay quiet for a minute.  

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

That was lovely.  The actual silence/applause in the ground though pissed me off. When they started the silence you could just hear shushing and people shouting and chanting.  Pay your respects ffs it's not hard to stay quiet for a minute.  

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer a minutes applause than a minutes silence. 

1 minute ago, MDK said:

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer a minutes applause than a minutes silence. 

I like a minutes applause, we always stand up for the 96 and clap but if it's a silence which it seemed it was meant to be then just be quiet.  It's not hard. If it's one or the other just pay your respects don't be a dick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

I like a minutes applause, we always stand up for the 96 and clap but if it's a silence which it seemed it was meant to be then just be quiet.  It's not hard. If it's one or the other just pay your respects don't be a dick. 

Oh yeah, its just that with the minutes silence for remembrance day or 7/7 I just get a bit emotional my lip starts to wobble, so I'd rather do the applause and be manly :shifty: 

And Pogba flukes a goal :lol: 

Final ball and touch is the problem for Ajax. They're slowly getting into it but the final pass or dribble just ends up giving the ball away every time. 

1 minute ago, Davidmarrio said:

Final ball and touch is the problem for Ajax. They're slowly getting into it but the final pass or dribble just ends up giving the ball away every time. 

Traore's had a stinker but IF he pulls something off, he'll break through the lines easily and probably score.

4 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Traore's had a stinker but IF he pulls something off, he'll break through the lines easily and probably score.

He's the only player I can see making something happen for Ajax tbh.

This is one of the dullest European finals I've seen in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Dolberg has been quiet. Klaassen hasn't done much either. Up to Traore and Younes on the other side to make something happen.

Dolberg could easily make something happen. I think United made a mistake not going for broke in the first ten minutes when Ajax still seemed plagued by trepidation. Might be worth trying the same, as you said, at the start of the second half.

• Like 1