UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Lineker

31 minutes ago, Baddar said:

We deserve it after drawing you guys at this stage last season!

Providing my mate can get the time off work, I'll be heading to the 2nd leg.

And what a glorious two legs it was :D

If I was Mourinho, I'd be taking this competition very seriously especially given the way the draw has happened. It's a weaker final 16 compared to last year and your biggest competitors are all playing each other. It's a very achievable trophy and a good way to ensure champions league football.

It didn't bother me whatsoever that we started to prioritise the competition over the league. Obviously you's can't afford to do that as 4th is still very much in reach and our situation was different last year. 

I mean obviously I hope yous get the final and then get tonked but this is a very good chance of winning a cup and qualifying for Champion League, it could quite possibly be an easier path then finishing top 4. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Rostov: Medvedev, Kalachev, Mevlja, Cesar Navas, Granat, Kudryashov, Noboa, Erokhin, Gatcan, Poloz, Bukharov.
Subs: Goshev, Terentjev, Kireev, Bayramyan, Azmoun, Prepelita.

Manchester United: Romero, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Ander Herrera, Pogba, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Young, Ibrahimovic.
Subs: de Gea, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Carrick, Rashford, Valencia.

Referee: Felix Zwayer (Germany).

Rostov make one change from the XI sent out to thrash Tom Tomsk last Friday. Dimitriy Poloz replaces Sardar Azmoun up front. United name seven different starters from the Bournemouth game last Saturday. Sergio Romero, Chris Smalling, Daley Blind, Ashley Young, Ander Herrera, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Marouane Fellaini are back in. David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Michael Carrick, Juan Mata and Anthony Martial drop to the bench, with Wayne Rooney and Luke Shaw out of it completely.

I would have saved Mkhi for Monday because we're gonna need him with Ibra out. 

No idea how this one will go. We've been hot and cold away in Europe for years and Rostov have a good home record. I'd take a score draw right now.

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Shit ref, shit pitch, decent result.

On the plus side the United players can take back a good haul of potatoes from that farmers field of a pitch.