Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

I remember when I went to see United vs West Ham under Moyes with my Irish mate who had two season tickets (his dad had a stroke and couldn't make it, so me being the top friend when asked if i'd go the game with him, I went) and Januzaj was the only player who looked decent that day. 

Seems his career has just took a bit of a nose dive since Moyes left United. 

Also, Bournemouth getting Nathan Ake for 20mil is doing the rounds atm. Be a good signing for Bournemouth, wonder if Chelsea might be tempted to put a buy back clause in his contract...seen as though they'll probably try and buy him again in a few years time :shifty:

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Poor Everton.

The way his career is going, he's more likely to end up at Preston North End than Everton next.

Everton have apparently had a £30mil bid for Sigurdsson knocked back, with Swansea wanting closer to £40mil. Honestly, I think we'll pay it and it'd be worth it in the current transfer market.

• Admin

Chelsea have confirmed Bertrand Traore has completed a permanent move to Lyon. The striker spent last season on loan at Ajax, playing against Manchester United in the Europa League final.

Bournemouth are in advanced talks with out of contract winger Connor Mahoney. Because Mahoney is under the age of 24, Bournemouth would have to agree compensation with Mahoney’s former club Blackburn Rovers, or see a tribunal to fix the price.

Barcelona are in talks to sign former Tottenham midfielder Paulinho from Guangzhou Evergrande, Sky Sports News HQ understands. Paulinho has a £35m release clause in his contact with the Chinese Super League side, but Barcelona are unwilling to pay that much. Any potential move is complicated by the fact that Guangzhou will have to pay a new 100% tax if they sign a foreign replacement for Paulinho.

Leicester City are interested in signing Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, according to Sky sources.

Everton are moving close to agreeing a deal with Queens Park Rangers for 18-year-old winger Josh Bowler, according to Sky sources. Everton’s first two offers for Bowler were rejected by QPR, but we understand talks are continuing and both sides are hopeful a deal can be agreed. Everton’s first offer was £1.5m with a further £1.5m in add-ons. Bowler only signed his first professional contract in February and made his debut for the club in their 4-0 defeat at Norwich on the final day of the Sky Bet Championship season. Bowler joined the club in 2013 after being released by Fulham.

Suspect it'll be confirmed a day or so after Bakayoko is confirmed as his replacement, don't see him leaving beforehand in case there's a last minute hold-up.

I'm also pleased to see Chelsea have gained some common sense and started putting buyback clauses into these deals, Traore is a good prospect and I'd hate for him to turn into a world beater and sign for Arsenal/Spurs/one of the Manchesters <_<

My main issue with the Matic transfer is that if we're doing one-in-one-out in our midfield ranks, it rather goes against the whole need to boost our squad options what with the return to Europe.

Matic is a good fit for United, but I kinds think Bakayoko will ultimately be an upgrade for Chelsea. Him alongside Kante is potentially a frightening combo, then with Hazard in front and Lukaku up top?

Oh, and maybe Alex Sandro on the left hand side. It's like a Football Manager assembly from Conte, and I'd put Chelsea as firm favourites for the title if they pull off these 3/4 big signings currently being touted.

12 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Everton gave agreed a deal to sign striker Henry Onyekuru from Eupen.

And he's off to Anderlecht on loan.

One of the hottest prospects in Europe, be great if he turns out to be another Lukaku.